Chapter 29: Terror

Third POV:

Everyone knew it instantly. The fact that the terrible psychic aura that was pressing them to the ground had suddenly disappeared only meant one thing and one thing only.

Knowing what was about to come, Sunny glanced at the far end of the great hall one last time.

A corpse in golden armor was sitting on the throne, a beautiful red blossom appearing from the crack in his polished mask.

A few moments later, the armor shined with white light and then disintegrated into countless sparks, revealing the man who had ruled this cursed place for many years with an iron fist.

Gunlaug was handsome, which surprised most of the onlookers. Even though his face was covered in blood, it was easy to tell. He had a short beard and long blond hair. One of his eyes was gone, eaten through by the Blood Flower, and the other was quickly turning glassy.

What surprised them the most, though, was how young he looked. It was hard to imagine the Bright Lord as anything but powerful and ageless, but in fact, he was no older than twenty-seven.

Sunny didn't waste too much time thinking about that, though. The psychic aura that the Bright Lord used to emit had disappeared along with his Transcendent echo, as the inhabitants of the Bright Castle finally managed to breathe freely.

Unfortunately, though, they soon choked on nothing but air. As a dreadful and suffocating pressure made their knees buckle.

Everyone's eyes were naturally drawn toward the short-statured figure in the middle of the hall. The way he stood beside the leader of the outer settlement had drawn an unsettling image on the minds of those looking.

The Bright Lord and his Butcher were the pinnacle of strength among the Sleepers of the Forgotten Shore. It was a natural result after monopolizing all the resources of the dark city for all those years.

Yet, he calmly stood there, as the shadow of a worried smile played on his lips. To them, it seemed as if he was completely disregarding the puddle of blood he spilled in his wake. And the fact that his right hand still hung beside him clutching the crushed heart of his enemy only made him appear much more terrifying.

Changing Star's previous Angel-like appearance had overlapped with her current image, despite her not radiating much, she became a symbol of hope in the eyes of her people.

As for Sunny, he appeared much more terrifying as it is. The stark contrast between the two only pronounced their characteristics and made their differences speak for themselves.

In their eyes, Nephis was the star of change and the Angel of hope.

If they previously adored and respected her, then now, they straight-up worshiped her.

As for Sunny.....

He was a completely different story.

Aiko gulped among the crowd, Her gaze drifting back and forth between the raven-haired boy and the silver-haired girl. Her gaze soon turned to the other side to find her friend Night making his way through the crowd with huntress Athena and a petite blonde girl following behind. The latter was simply being dragged by the former two who seemed to rush toward their leader, while the blonde girl simply allowed them to do so with seemingly vacant eyes.

Aiko knew who they were of course. All of them were the talk of the castle and were known as Lady Changing Star's cohort for the past couple of months.

Yet there was one whom they knew nothing about.

In fact, it was almost unknown if he was a true member of the cohort or simply a scout they met along the way.

Sleeper Sunless.