Chapter 8- Not the eternal

Start from the beginning

"Mary Dulac killed Bickerstaff? Why?" Lockwood asked shocked. 

"'I shall claim an act of self-defense. His cunning servant trapped me. The doctor held the glass before me. One glimpse and I felt my sanity shake loose.' Y/n reads and looked at Lockwood. 

"So she shot him before he could kill her with the mirror?" Lockwood asks. "Fair enough."

"No, wait. 'For this looking glass wasn't a mirror at all. It was a window.'" Y/n said and looked at Lockwood wide-eyed, she felt a chill run down her spine. 

"A window to where?" He asked. 

"'I dare not say anymore and I have no one to confide in. Since that glimpse, I am damned. All I want to do is see more.'" Y/n reads then she realized something. "Lockwood look. Look at the illustration. Look at the mirror," She said then moved a jar of biscuits aside and showed the drawing that George did. It was the same creepy spiral drawing as the illustration. They move different jars away and the entire thinking cloth was covered in the spiral drawings. 

They looked each other in complete shock and concern. 

"Where the hell is George?" Lockwood asked. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

George walked down a path that looked like it was in a graveyard. He was holding a lantern and looked very frightened, nervous and jittery. He walked past thousands of graves as quickly as possible. 

"It's okay. It's okay." He whispers to himself. "Stay calm." 

He noticed that he reached the end of the graveyard and was now at the building where this whole operation started. 

"Pamela?" George calls nervously. "Pamela."

George heard a small noise and he turned to see what it was. He felt a hand on his shoulder turning him around, George gasped, startled. 

"I'm sorry. I startled you." Pamela said. 

"No. It's good to see you." George said still in slight shock. 

"I'm so glad you came." Pamela said. "I was worried you were going to have second thoughts. Are you sure no one followed?" She asked quietly. 

"We should go in. Get on with it." George said nodding.

And the two walked to the building. 

"How did it go? That Flo Bones girl didn't try to take it?" Pamela asked. 

"No, it wasn't difficult. Lockwood and Y/n did the cool stuff and left the donkey work to me as usual." George explains quietly. 

"Don't do yourself down, George." Pamela said. "Lockwood and Y/n might be highly gifted, but trust me, if anyone's going down in history, it's you." Pamela assured. 

"You think so?"

"You've done the right thing. If DEPRAC got their hands on the bone glass, it'd be lost forever, into the furnace, along with everything it can teach us about the problem." Pamela said and stopped George holding his arms. "All they do is destroy things. They'll never learn. But you an me, will learn. We'll learn everything." She said and took the glass from him gently. "You don't mind, do you?" 

"Long as you don't run off with it." George said quietly. 

"I wouldn't dream of it. I need you." Pamela answers and looked away and began climbing the steps. "Come on, I want to show you what I've been doing."  

The two entered the building. What they didn't know was that there was a figure watching them. It was Bobby. 

~with the cutest couple in Ghost history~