2003

The year was 2003 the year of our lord, a year like any other year for most. Many people were living out their ordinary lives, working and spending time with their families. The citizens of Shinjuku, Tokyo were no different. Just living out their ordinary lives in their ordinary world.

That was......until it came.

A tv screen flickered to life as a news reporter came on screen, his face calm yet one could see he had just recovered from a panic attack.

"This is channel 7 and we have very disturbing news

"This is channel 7 and we have very disturbing news." The reporter said as he wiped his forehead, looking at the camera.  "As many of you have probably heard, in the last six hours.....two monsters emerged from the sky above Shinjuku Tokyo. Millions were crushed by the first, which appeared in the form of a giant woman who was locked in combat with the second monster, a red beast. The second beast killed the first, which soon feel apart into particles of salt. But before the red beast could attack the city, our nations air force was quick to dispatch the beast, knocking it out of the sky and making it impale itself upon our tower."

Of course the nation of Japan tried to hide this incident from the public, but too many news stations have leaked the information of the disturbing creature which remained impaled upon the tower. The government would later retrieve the body of this creature and began examining it.

But unknown to many the first creature wasn't truly dead and the inhabitants of Shinjuku would later either turn to solid statues of salt or become fueled with immense strength and rage.

This was the moment humanity began to die.

End.

This is a little side project of mine, so updates are very random.

Im very positive that 80% of you don't even know drakengard, but it's Yoko Taro's first game.

Anyways, have a good day/night.