Chapter 26 - Bestfriend's wedding

Astoria's Pov

"Are you ready yet ast ?" I heard Adler shout from downstairs.

"Yeah I'm almost done " I said as I spray the perfume on my wrists and neck.

I take one last look at myself in the mirror.

I was wearing a black dress with a slit on my left leg along with my white heels

I was wearing a black dress with a slit on my left leg along with my white heels. I did light makeup and let my hair fall down slightly.

"Shall we go now ?" I heard Cleo shout and I roll my eyes.

Boys.....

" Yeah com- arriving " I said as I took my clutch and went downstairs.

"You look beautiful Ast " Adler said as I smileda at him and thanked him.

"You look pretty good " Cleo said and I rolled my eyes at him.

Ashford was no where to be seen.

"Where's Ash?" I ask to both for them and they point towards the main door.

"Fine then, let's go " I said and walked outside with the two boys.

I saw Ashford outside leaning on the passenger door. He looked up when he heard the click of my heels and then smiled at me.

He was wearing a black shirt with his sleeves rolled up, his blazer in his one hand and his phone in the other.
"Shall we go now m" he asked with a smirk and I rolled my eyes and nodded.

He opened the passenger door for me and I got in. It was around 4:10 now and since I'm the maid of honour , I have to be there to help Lexi get ready.

"You look beautiful btw " Ash said as he started the car and I smiled at him.

"Thanks, you look good too ?" I said and his face morphed into disbelief.

"Just good ? Excuse me Mrs Ermington ! I look so fucking handsome that every girl there would swoon over me and flirt with me " he said with a smirk but I didn't hear any single word he said after Mrs Ermington.

It sounded weird yet so beautiful and fitting. Fuck a butterfly, I felt the whole damn zoo in my stomach when he said that.

"We'll see about that " I said with a scoff and looked at my phone as it's screen lit up with a new notification

Lexi - Where are you ?
Ast - Just left the house. Be there in 15 or 20
Lexi - you better be here in 20
Ast - sure sure *eye roll*
Lexi -*eye roll*
Ast- *eye roll*
Lexi-*eye roll *
Ast - okay now stop. Focus on what's happening there
Lexi - that means nothing to focus on.
Ast - alright alright. See you there.
Lexi- fine, see you there.

I looked out the window but then I hear Chase Atlantic's Moonlight's starting tune.

"Busy on the weekend
Caught up in your own small world
And I might wanna see it then
Call it hesitation girlll
We're runnin' in the moonlight" I started singing as Adler also joined me.