Chapter 65 Fighting For My Daughter

Começar do início

I can't see him like this. It hurts me so much.

"Steve, you know I can handle him. Don't worry, I'll be fine." As I embrace him, he wraps his arms around me and pulls me closer to him. I feel so safe in his arms, and this hug strengthens me even more. "Everything will be okay, baby. I'll be fine. We'll have our daughter with us in a few hours." I rub his back, comforting him.

"Just take care of yourself for me, Grace. Please." He murmurs, grips of his hands around my body becoming tighter and tighter.

"I promise I won't let anything happen to me. But now, you have to let me go, Steve," I say, trying to pull away from him, though part of me wants to stay in his embrace forever. But time is running out. I must bring back our daughter, our little bundle of joy, and our lost peace.

"No, I can't bear to let you go." He denies it, holding me even tighter as if he wants to envelop me in his embrace forever.

"For the sake of our little princess, Steve. She's been away from us for two weeks. Our daughter needs us, baby." I try to convince him.

"Okay! Just stay in my arms for a few more seconds. Please." He implores, his voice depicts his vulnerability.

"Okay."

We remain in each other's embrace for a few more minutes, forgetting everything and seeking strength from the warmth of our hug.

"You just have to make him reveal where Giana is. Okay?" He gives me one final instruction as we part.

I nod with a small smile. I know my smile is his source of strength.

"Take care of yourself, and good luck." He kisses my forehead before opening the car door for me.

I give him a quick kiss on the lips before getting into the car. He closes the door, and as I start the engine, our eyes remain locked on each other.

"I'll be fine," I assure him before driving off.

Steve will come with the entire team of police in another car, tracking my location. I just pray that today we'll get our daughter back. I want this plan to be successful, no matter what.

***

As I park my car outside the under-construction building, my heart thumps with fright, and my breath becomes heavy. I'm about to confront my childhood nightmare once again, and I pray I don't falter.

Breath in. Breath out.

You're strong, and you know that, Grace. You're no longer the weak girl. Now you have the strength to face monsters like him.

After encouraging myself, I step out of the car, taking a deep breath.

The cold air sends shivers down my spine as I approach the building. With every step, my heart pounds in my chest. But I can't let fear consume me. I'm not the scared child I once was. I have grown stronger, braver, and more resilient. Today, I'm not just fighting for myself; I'm fighting for my daughter, my family, for everything that matters to me.

As I step inside, finally, I come face to face with the man who stole my daughter from me and has haunted my nightmares for years.

He sits on the sofa, puffing on his cigarette. As his gaze falls on me, his lips curve into a malicious smile.

I stand tall, unflinching in the face of evil because when it comes to protecting my family, I'll do whatever it takes. No matter what horrors lie ahead, I will bring my daughter home, anyhow.

"So you came." As he approaches me, I give him a look of disgust. I want to stab him in the heart right now.

"Where is my daughter? I want to see her." I demand, ignoring my urge to attack him.