Chapter 45 A moment to cherish forever

As we reach downstairs, cradling each baby, photographers rush toward us to capture our photos.

We strike poses for them, beaming, our eyes locked on our precious little ones. Bending down, I press a gentle kiss on Giana's tiny forehead, and like magic, a smile spreads across her face. It's incredible how much she adores her daddy's touch!

While we're completely engrossed in Giana's adorable smile, Evan cries because his mama and daddy are busy with his sister. He needs our attention, maybe.

"Don't cry, my baby." I calm him down by rubbing his back, and he eventually falls asleep in my arms while the photographers continue to capture the precious moment. All eyes are on us tonight.

Grace's father approaches us, his eyes welling up with tears of joy as he sees his grandchildren for the first time. He takes Evan from my arms, showering him with kisses, and then takes Giana into his arms, doing the same.

He turns to Grace with guilt in his eyes. "I'm sorry, Grace, for not supporting you and shutting the door in your face when you needed me the most. I'm such a terrible father."

"No, Dad, it's not your mistake. I hurt your feelings, and you didn't know about my pregnancy. So don't say sorry," she reassures him, holding his arms to ease his guilt.

She has changed so much, now considering everyone's feelings. I'm falling in love even more with this version of her.

My father comes over to meet Grace's father. I'm glad he didn't vent out the anger he has towards Grace on her father. He takes Evan from my arms, who was peacefully sleeping. Even Giana is asleep, unaffected by the celebratory atmosphere.

The photographer captures our family photo, and at that moment, I feel complete. I desire nothing else from God.

***

As we turn around after gently laying the babies in the beautifully decorated crib, adorned with balloons and fiery lights, we find Mike and Jace, along with Jace's wife, Zara, approaching us.

Jace and Zara seem like a perfect couple to me. They're made for each other. Their love is evident in the way they look at each other.

Mike grins widely, "Steve, Grace, congratulations on the little miracles!" He pats me on the back while Jace and Zara pass us a warm smile.

"Thanks, Mike. Meet Giana and Evan," I introduce, gesturing towards the crib where the twins are sleeping peacefully.

Zara reaches out to Grace, "Hi, Grace. It's so wonderful to finally meet you. The twins are adorable."

Grace gives her a smile. "Thank you so much. It's great to meet you too."

Jace gives me a side hug. "Steve, you've got a beautiful family. Congrats, man."

"I'm blessed." I reply, feeling proud as a father.

Mike turns his attention to the babies. "Can we get a closer look?"

"Of course, come on," I say, leading them toward the crib where twins sleep peacefully, unaware of the celebration surrounding them.

As they gather around, admiring the little ones, Mike exclaims, "Wow, they're tiny wonders!"

Zara adds, "They're absolutely precious. Grace, you must be over the moon."

Grace nods. "Absolutely. They're our little miracles. They made me a new person. Now I can't even imagine my life without them."

We spend some time chatting and enjoying the joyous atmosphere of the twins' welcome party. The room is filled with laughter, happiness, and the occasional sound of a camera capturing these memorable moments.