48. Take My Place

| Clara Campbell |

| Clara Campbell |

A phone ringing made me roll over, but I couldn't reach it. It was almost like my body was telling me not to look at it, but I knew I had to. My phone had been dead silent for the past couple of days, which had been since Wyatt had been here with me, but I was a little disappointed in Levi and Hazel, but I was sure they didn't know. 

But I had thought that Wyatt would have told them, but maybe he hadn't and that was why they hadn't reached out to me. I mean it wasn't like I needed any more people in here, with me. Caleb was currently passed out in the chair beside me, while Colton was on the couch with Carter. I had no idea where Elias had gone, as I hadn't seen him since he had walked me back to this bed after Wyatt had tore off without turning back to look at me. 

"Hey, how you feeling kid?" a cheery voice entered the room, followed by a couple of my brothers, and I immediately knew who the doctor was.  I reached a hand up to my mouth, covering it with the shock that was filling my entire body. "Lachie?" I questioned at the doctor, looking down at the scrubs he was wearing and the clipboard in his hand. 

"That would be me, kiddo. How are ya?" he hadn't changed in the slightest. The only thing that had changed was he wasn't wearing jeans and a baggy t-shirt anymore, rather scrubs just like my brother, that I hadn't seen in his bed for days now. He hadn't been here when I woke up, and I was starting to get concerned. 

I was concerned my for just how hurt my brother was, and he wasn't being given the same treatment that he deserved more than I did. He deserved it more, for everything he went through, and more. "I'm good" I knew that wasn't the real answer that he wanted to hear, but I didn't want to say anything else.

The pain had subsided, but I didn't dare look down at the stitches that I could feel. I didn't want to look, rather the thought of looking made me shiver, so I had kept the blanket wrapped around me so that no one could look at it without my knowledge. "I just need to check that everything is healing properly, and then you will be discharged tomorrow morning. I will book you in for a two week check-up if everything is going to plan" 

I really hoped that everything was going to plan, but at the same time, I knew it wasn't going to plan. Auston wasn't here, and that was the biggest instigator. I could feel the tension in the room, and as much as everyone tried to hide it, it was very obvious, the anger that was emitting from Greyson and Cameron. 

"Sure" I muttered, as I pulled the blankets up higher, closer to my chin. "Can you all leave the room? I don't want them to see" I spoke the first part to my brothers, when Lachlan walked closer to me, before I mumbled the last part to whoever was even going to heart it. I didn't want them to see me any more damaged than I already was. 

"I'm not leaving" Greyson spoke up first, causing Colton to jolt awake, grabbing his chest at the loud noise, and from his movement, Carter was now awake. A sleepy hand grabbed my own, letting me know that the once peaceful room was about to erupt into chaos. "I am not leaving her in here with you" that voice surprised me, as I looked between all my brothers and Lachlan.