Chapter 4: Toast

—Lizzys POV—

Lizzy woke up as she was still intertwined with Doll on her couch.

I.. oh gosh what time is it? .. m. 9am?? geez, good thing its a weekend. Oh shit my dad is gonna kill me for not saying i wasn't coming back yesterday.. fuck

Lizzy wanted to stay in Dolls warm embrace but also thought she should make breakfast for the two of them. Lizzy carefully untwined from Doll, making sure to not wake her.

Liz grabbed her phone from her bag, 2 missed calls from Thad,
"Fuck.. oh he left a voicemail,"

She turned down the volume on her phone and listened to what Thad had left her.

"LIZZY - i dont know what your doing at dolls, but be glad i saved your ass. I told father that you had an overnight study group because of that stupid project we have in English.. i also dont know how he believed that but what ever -
this is my payment back to you for last time i snuck out"

How did he know i was at dolls - - She paused - - oh shit yea he has my location,, at least i saved his ass last time.

Lizzy set down her phone again and started to look around Dolls kitchen to make something for them to eat. She found pots and pans and in the fridge Doll had a small carton of eggs.
Perfect ill make scrabbled eggs and toast, Dolls mom used to make us it for breakfast all the time, hopefully she still likes it..

She put the pan on the stove and started to get it heated up as she heard

THUD

"Doll?! are you okay??" Lizzy ran over to couch to see Doll laying on the floor.
Lizzy came and sat next to Doll and held her hand "Are you okay doll..?"

"Mh.." Doll was still a little confused to what was going on until she realized Lizzy was right above her. "Ah- uh- mh yea im good..thanks - sorry that just happens sometimes"

"Here Im making breakfast!" Liz picked up Doll just like how she did before.

"Oh- i- you reallt dont have too Liz.. but thankyou," Doll whispered as she was still half asleep holding tightly onto Lizzy.

Lizzy placed Doll onto the counter as she went back to cooking for the two of them. Doll sat with her knees up against her chest to lay her head on her legs. Doll was still dazed because she had just awoken.

Lizzy turned back around to face the flame of the eggs.

Sizzle

Sizzle

Sizzle

— Dolls POV —

m, Liz's hair is really pretty.. oh shit shes making food -? i wonder what, not sure, my censors aren't working well right now..

Doll stared at Lizzy as she kept cooking. The sounds of the pan moving back and forth was soothing for Doll. Lizzy moved out of the way from the stove to grab something. Dolls vision still unable to comprehend what was in the pan.

"Wh- what are you making Liz?" Doll glanced over at Lizzy.

"Im making what your mom used to make us at sleepovers. She made it best but, i hope i can recreate the feeling" Lizzy pushed down a toaster and then walked in-front of Doll and held her hands. "She was a great person"

"I miss her" Doll tried to look at Lizzy. "will you leave me too?"

"Never. I promise." Lizzy looked deeply into Dolls visor.

Doll started to tear up and was trying to hold back but soon she started they couldn't hold it in. Doll started to bawl her eyes out, "i.. im sorr-"

She could barely utter words.
"Hey,, its okay, im here" Lizzy lifted herself onto the counter and rest her head on her shoulder.

Doll tilt up her face and looked at Lizzy, "can - can I have a hug?"

Lizzy nodded gently as doll hugged onto Lizzy tightly. God i feel bad for Liz.. i didnt mean to start sobbing like tha- AH -

Doll and Lizzy fell backwards onto the counter. Lizzy laughed a little as Doll was still clutching onto Lizzy. Her hands slowly moving up and down in Dolls thick hair.

"Mm, thank you Liz.. but uh- do you smell burning -?" Doll said confused - maybe it was just her sensors working again or-

"AH- the EGGS" Lizzy crawled out of Dolls grasp and jumped off the counter. Lizzy turned off the stop and looked at the eggs "Um. well these are. something." As she walked to the garbage and threw the over burnt eggs away. Doll laid on the counter still embracing Lizzys warmth.

"Hm, well.. are you okay with just toast? Here ill grab some jam" Lizzy went into the fridge and grabbed two jars. "Here, i dont want you go crazy how you did last night.." Lizzy said as she slid the two jars over, one with strawberry jam and the other with pitch black oil.

"Oh.. are you sure? I had some last night .. right?" I honestly dont remember much.

"Yea., im just nervous i guess." Lizzy stood there for a second, "Do, do you still want it?" She stood there holding the jar.

"I mean why not, it wont hurt, their already dead -"

"DOLL- i mean true.." Lizzy found a butter knife and started the spread the oil on one bread. She passed it over to Doll, who was still sitting on the counter. Then proceeded to spread the strawberry jam for herself, "cheers!"

Lizzy raised her piece of bread up high, Doll quickly followed suit. They both took bites out the bread, "Thank you Liz, i dont think ive really ate much in the paste while-"

"Huh, why?" Lizzy tilt her head in confusion.

"Well when i dont eat oil i also just dont eat..? i guess." Doll laughed slightly.

"WHAT?? Doll." Lizzy looked straight into Dolls eyes.

Shit maybe i shouldnt of said that-

"Well— yknow just eating not.. other drones, make me want it even more i dont know" Doll was staring back at her. Her eyes are so pretty..

"Well i tell you, one day we will find away to get rid of that, because I dont want you hurt" Lizzy grabbed Dolls hand again and just stared at her toast.

"Mm, Id hope"

————————————
jehfkfjsksb that took a second so sorry PFJFJ erm but im glad yall enjoying! Im not really a writer so this is different for me, have a good day and eat a good meal :3 or just bread, breads really good ehehe