Chapter Eleven

BORN TO DIE
CHAPTER ELEVEN
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Anakin! Anakin, help me!"

Anakin shot up in bed, covered in his sweat. His breathing grew heavier and panic was rushing through him.

Anakin turned to make sure his wife was beside him, and he relaxed a bit when he saw she was sleeping peacefully and unharmed.

His eyes started to water as her screams haunted him. He swung his legs over the edge of the bed, holding his head in his hands as he breathed in and out slowly. A quiet sob escaped from him and he quickly got up, leaving the room so he wouldn't wake his sleeping wife.

However, the second his presence left the bedroom, Tahlia woke up.

She pushed herself up, frowning in confusion when she noticed her husband wasn't beside her. Tahlia stood from the bed and exited the bedroom, hugging herself since it was a little chilly. She found him on the balcony, his back facing her as he stared at the lights of Coruscant. As she got closer to him, she noticed his body was tensed.

She sensed distress and she knew it was coming from him.

"What is it?" Tahlia asked softly, placing a comforting hand on his back.

"Nothing." He replied, voice rough as if he's been crying.

Tahlia frowned at his response.

His gaze dropped to the japor snippet he gifted her on Naboo years ago. A smile slowly formed on his face as he thought back to that day.

"I remember when I gave this to you." He said, grasping the jewelry.

"How long is it gonna take for us to be honest with each other?" She asked, and Anakin's gaze immediately moved to hers. "What's bothering you, my love?"

He released a sigh. "It was a dream."

"Bad?"

"Like the ones I used to have about my mother." He replied, looking away from her. "It was about you."

"Tell me what happened." Tahlia said softly, rubbing his back.

"You die in childbirth." He told her after a moment.

Tahlia's heart dropped, and her hand immediately was on her stomach. She wasn't scared for herself. She was more worried about their baby.

"What about the baby?" She asked him.

"I don't know." He replied quietly.

"It was only a dream." Tahlia assured him. "It doesn't mean anything."

Anakin tugged her closer to him, wrapping his arms protectively around her. "I won't let this one become real. I refuse to lose you."

"This baby will change our lives, Ani." Tahlia told him, running a hand through his hair. "If the council discovers I'm with child and if they find out you're the father, we're both done for. We'll be expelled."

"I know, I know." Anakin whispered, placing his left hand on her baby bump.

"Do you think Obi-Wan might be able to help us?"