Chapter : 27 - Parwaah hai, inhe meri?

Start from the beginning

"You're not just shameless, you're also careless, Nader. Who told you to come here like this?" she said, finishing the bandage and now looking at me.

But this time, her eyes didn't contain any anger or irritation, but concern. Was she really concerned about me?

I couldn't say anything in response because I got lost in her eyes again. Today, I saw concern for me in her eyes.

Kya kisi ki parwaah karna bhi mohabbat hai? (Is caring about someone is also love?)

Is her scolding me for my carelessness and then applying bandage to my wounds is also love? As I was getting lost in those eyes, she was lost in mine too.

Uns had looked at me in so many ways-through eyes filled with hatred, anger, disbelief, while laughing, smiling, then with love, and now, care.

"Nader, are you even listening to me?" she brought me back to reality by snapping her fingers at me.

"Yes, yes, I am," I said, now sitting up straight and taking the fruits from the tray.

"Do you want some?" I asked her.

Uns declined, but would I leave her until she ate something?

"Just have one bite," I insisted.

"Nader, I need water first," Uns said, moving back as I brought the spoon toward her.

I looked at the empty glass in front of me, then at Uns.

"It's near my bed stand. Let me get it," she said, about to stand up. But I got up and went to her bed stand.

I grabbed the glass, but something else caught my attention-Lego daisies?
She still have them?

"Don't you hate daisies, Uns?" I asked, surprised to find them in her bedroom.

"When did I say I hated them? I just said I'm allergic to them," Uns said, resting her head on her hand.

"Does that mean you like daisies?" I asked.

"When did I say I liked them?" she replied with a smile.

"If you don't hate them or like them, then why do you have them?" I asked instantly.

"Because you gave them to me, that's why," Uns replied calmly, her smile still lingering.

What-she's absolutely driving me crazy. Just one phrase from her was enough to make my cheeks heat up. Why do I start blushing in front of her?

I mean, come on, how can a man blush in front of a woman? And here's this woman who was as fiery as a fire, freely calling me "Bhegairat," giving me death glares, bossing me around, even venting her anger on me, and now making me go weak just with her smile.

"Are you going to give me the water or not?" she taunted.

"Ahh, Uns, here's the water," I handed it to her and sat back down, taking the fruit bowl in my hand.

She finished drinking the water, so I brought a spoonful of fruit near her mouth without saying anything she eat.

There was no conversation between us; I was feeding her and myself.

And my Uns is so much bhedang that she couldn't even eat properly-some small apple pieces were near her lips, so I took the handkerchief from my pocket and started wiping them off.
She didn't stop me from doing it, and I smiled at this.

"Don't you have anything better to do, Nader?" Uns finally spoke after a while.

"What kind of work?" I asked with a smile at her question, which was more of a taunt.