Chapter : 24 - Yeh izhaare mohabbat hai?

"You just proposed to me right now Uns,"  I asked her while controlling my crazy heartbeat

"No," she replied instantly.

"What?" I asked, now trying to control my breathing.

"I'm asking for my Eidi," she said with a mischievous smile.

"What? You're asking ME as your Eidi. What else am I supposed to understand? It's a direct proposal from you," I said to her.

"No, Nader, I'm just asking for an Eidi, that's it," she said very calmly.

"You're driving me crazy now, Uns," I said while calming my nerves.

"Phir woh beh ikhtehaar hasne lagi," (Then she burst into laughter). Her cheeks lifted when she laughed, and she clutched her stomach to control her laughter. After so many days, I saw her laughing.

Uski muskurat toh mera dil ki dhadkano ko badati  hein hai, lekin uski hasi bhi kuch kam nahi hai, bahut hein jaan lewa hai.
(Her smile wasn't enough to increase my heart beat,now even har laughter too, It's very intoxicating. My breath stopped when I saw her laughing like that).

Today, I am the luckiest person in the world because I am having the opportunity to see this woman laugh.

"Mujhe jhelna mushkil hai nader," she said with a smile while her gaze was fixed on the table.
("It's difficult to tolerate me, Nader")

"Main jhel lunga," I replied.
("I'll manage")

She looked up towards me, then continued.

"Mai khubsurat nahi hoon," she said.
("I'm not beautiful")

"Mere liye behad khubsurat hoon," I replied
("You're incredibly beautiful, for me")

"Mujhe bahut jaldi gussa aata hai," she said.
("I get angry very quickly")

"Mai seh lunga," I replied, looking at her.
("I'll endure it")

"Mujhe bahut jaldi rona aa jata hai", she said.
("I cry very quickly")

"Main apna kanda deh dunga, aap apna sar rakkhe ro lena", I replied.
( " I'll give you my shoulders, to cry freely keeping your head on it")

"Mai choti choti baat mein, naraaz ho jaati hoon", She said.
("I get upset over little things,")

"Mai manalunga," I said.
("I'll convince you,")

"Mere haath seh chize tuth jaati hai", she said.
("Things break from my hands")

"Mai naye la dunga", I replied.
("I'll replace them")

"Mujhe aapse mohabbat hogayi hai, Nader", she said.
("I have fallen in love with you, Nader")

"I—"

"What did you say?" My breath stopped at her last sentence, as I lowered my gaze from her and looked at the table.