Chapter five

Danny, Tiffany, and Matt huddled together in the darkness, their fear mounting with each passing moment, a sudden chill ran through the air, freezing them in place. Before they could react, a powerful force gripped Danny's arm, pulling him away from his friends with a terrifying strength.

"Danny!" Tiffany cried out, reaching out desperately as she watched him being dragged down the hallway by an unseen entity.

Matt's instincts kicked in, and he lunged forward, trying to grab hold of Danny and pull him back. But the force was too strong, and Danny was quickly pulled into a nearby room, the door slamming shut behind him with a loud thud.

With a mixture of fear and determination, Tiffany and Matt rushed to the door, pounding on it frantically and calling out for Danny. But there was no response, only the echoes of their own voices and the faint whispers of the spirits that haunted the mansion.

As Danny struggled against the relentless grip of Evangeline's malevolent spirit, he felt an icy coldness seeping into his very bones, draining him of his strength and will to resist. With every passing moment, the spectral force tightened its hold on him, crushing his chest and suffocating him with its chilling embrace.

In his frantic attempts to break free, Danny's vision blurred, and his breath came in ragged gasps as he fought against the overwhelming power of the vengeful spirit. But his efforts were in vain, as Evangeline's ghostly form seemed to grow stronger with each passing moment, her ethereal hands digging into his flesh with an unearthly force.

As the room filled with the echoes of Danny's screams, his struggles grew weaker, his body wracked with pain and exhaustion. With one final, desperate gasp for air, he felt a searing pain pierce his chest as if a thousand needles were tearing through his flesh.

In that moment of agonizing torment, Danny's heart gave out, the relentless assault of the malevolent spirit proving too much for his mortal body to endure. With a final, shuddering breath, he collapsed to the floor, lifeless and still, his eyes staring blankly into the abyss of death.

Outside the room, Tiffany and Matt listened in horror as Danny's screams echoed through the mansion, sending shivers down their spines. With each passing moment, their sense of helplessness grew, their minds racing with thoughts of how to save their friend from the clutches of the vengeful spirit.

But as they struggled to come up with a plan, the door to the room suddenly burst open, revealing a scene of unimaginable horror. Danny lay motionless on the floor, his body battered and bruised, his eyes wide with terror as he stared into the darkness.

With a cry of anguish, Tiffany rushed to his side, cradling him in her arms as she tried to rouse him from his unconscious state. Matt stood nearby, his fists clenched in fear as he watched his lifeless friend.

With tears streaming down her face, Tiffany desperately tried to revive Danny, shaking him gently and pleading for him to wake up. But despite her efforts, there was no response from her friend, and the realization of his fate weighed heavily on her heart.

As Tiffany knelt beside Danny's lifeless form, her grief was interrupted by a sudden movement at the corner of her eye. She turned to see Matt, his face pale with terror, standing frozen in the doorway.

Without a word, Matt turned and bolted down the hallway, his footsteps echoing through the abandoned mansion as he fled from the horrors that lurked within. His mind raced with panic as he searched for a way out, his heart pounding with fear as he pushed himself to the brink of exhaustion.

Finally, he stumbled upon a small hole in the wall, barely large enough to squeeze through. With a surge of adrenaline, Matt dove headfirst through the opening, scraping his hands and knees as he fought to escape the confines of the haunted mansion.

Emerging on the other side, Matt found himself in the darkness of the bayou, the murky waters stretching out before him like an endless abyss. Desperate to put as much distance between himself and the mansion as possible, he plunged forward, his feet slipping on the slick mud as he struggled to maintain his balance.

But as he ran blindly through the swamp, Matt failed to notice the treacherous terrain beneath his feet. With a sudden lurch, he lost his footing and tumbled into the murky waters below, his body disappearing beneath the surface with a muffled splash.

For a moment, everything was still, the silence of the bayou broken only by the sound of Matt's thrashing and splashing as he fought to stay afloat. But his efforts were in vain, as the relentless current dragged him deeper into the darkness, his screams for help drowned out by the sounds of the night.

As Matt struggled against the pull of the water, he felt a powerful force gripping him from below, dragging him down into the depths with a terrifying strength. With one final, desperate gasp for air, he was pulled beneath the surface, his body disappearing into the jaws of a waiting alligator that lurked in the shadows.

And so, as the night wore on and the darkness of the bayou claimed its victims,

Tiffany's tears fell freely as she cradled Danny's lifeless body, her heart heavy with grief and fear. In a desperate attempt to seek help, she reached into Danny's pocket and pulled out his phone, her hands trembling as she dialed the emergency number.

With bated breath, she waited for someone to answer, praying for a miracle that would bring an end to the nightmare that had engulfed them. But to her horror, the voice on the other end dismissed her pleas as nothing more than a prank, leaving Tiffany feeling even more helpless and alone.

Refusing to give up, Tiffany realized she had one last chance at salvation. With trembling fingers, she opened the live-streaming app on Danny's phone and began broadcasting their terrifying ordeal to the world. Through tear-filled eyes, she pleaded for help, her voice trembling with desperation as she begged for someone, anyone, to come to their rescue.

Ifarted: is this a joke?????🤔
MasterQueef: still hot even crying
MyNameJeff: dude that's messed up lol

Suddenly, a chill ran down Tiffany's spine as she felt a cold breeze sweep through the room, carrying with it the faint scent of decay and death. Before she could react, a powerful force gripped her from behind, pulling her away from Danny with a terrifying strength. The phone dropping as the broadcast continued on.

Tiffany's screams echoed through the abandoned mansion as she fought against the unseen entity that dragged her into the darkness.

As she was pulled further and further away from safety, Tiffany's cries for help were drowned out by the whispers of the spirits that haunted the mansion, their voices swirling around her like a malevolent chorus.

And then, in an instant, Tiffany vanished into the darkness, her pleas for help silenced by the chilling embrace of the spirit of Evangeline Delacroix. Never to be seen or heard from again, she became just another victim of the haunted mansion's dark and twisted legacy.

The end.