Chapter 4 - Meeting old friends

“Rayman?”

Rayman raised his eyebrows as he looked in shock at Ly, vice versa with fairy. Both rabbids were confused because they saw this purple-haired lady for the first time. Fairy lets go of the rope as the trio gets out from the trap. As Rayman stands up, Ly runs to him and hugs him.

“You’re okay! You’re not dead!” She cries, as she looks at the limbless hero once again, as she rubs his hair a bit, “And you dyed your hair to your natural color!”

“Huh?” Rayman tilts his head to the side a bit, being tad confused, but Ly releases him from the hug and then takes him by the hand.

“C’mon! Everyone is waiting for us at the lair!”

“Wait-wait-wait, lady, who are you and how do you know about Eggplant man?” Peachy asks as she stands between the fairy and limbless hero, and then glances at Rayman with squinted eyes. Ray rubs back of his head.

“Oh, forgot to introduce her - this is Ly, one of the fairies and my friend,” Rayman says, as he looks at Ly, who was…quite shocked to say.

“Wait, you can talk?! Like properly?” cat-fairy asks as she bends down to both rabbids.

“Well duh, we’re not regular rabbids.” Rabbid Peach answered as she crossed her arms.

“We’re Rabbid Heroes!” Suddenly, Rabbid Mario jumps out, as he proudly stands, “We won’t hurt you, ma’am!”

“Yeah, they got no bad intentions like…other rabbids,” Ray mumbles, as he rubs his head, “Don’t worry, I was shocked too to find out that they can talk”

Ly let out a sigh, as she crossed her arms. She looked quite…judgemental now, as she stared at rabbids with a frown.

“I have…no idea how others will react to..you, rabbids,” Ly frowned even more, pointing at Mario and Peach. Rayman suddenly raises his eyebrows.

“Wait, others?” He asked, as limbless walked over to Ly. Fairy raised one eyebrow confusingly.

“Y..yeah? The resistance.” Ly said, as Rayman was silent for a moment before fairy let out a sigh, “Globox, Barbara, some Teensys.”

“Globox and Barbara?!” Rayman smiled, as he got excited and relieved, but then he lowered his eyebrows and dropped his smile, “Wait-wait, what about other fairies? Are they fine?”

Ly seems to be uncomfortable and sad, as she rubbed her hand a bit. Rayman immediately changed his face, as his heart dropped in disbelief.

“Oh..” Ray looked away, but Ly put a hand near his hoodie.

“Don't worry, we’ll soon avenge them! But I’m not the last fairy though,” Ly mentions, as she straightens up, but looks puzzled at rabbids, “I still have no idea how the gang will react to them. Should we let you two in?”

“Yep,” Rayman exclaimed, as Ly looked surprised at Ray, “We’ll just explain things to them. They’ll be shocked to hear them speak too”

“You’re… actually right.” Ly says, as limbless hero looked proud at himself now. Fairy waves, “Let's go, you three, the shelter is near us.”

***

Ly moved the black curtains from her face as she entered the shelter. It was a large abandoned bunker, where the Snoring Tree was. There were some mattresses, tables with guns, first kit aids and food. Usually it was stolen food from Rabbids lair. Rayman looked around to see some teensies, who were sleeping. Trio followed fairy, who entered another room, where Rayman's old friends are  - Globox and Barbara. Also there was a little fairy with some baggy clothes and black short hair that was flying around them. She spotted those four.