Drunken Sailor

Começar do início

However, Bulgaria swapped his stoical face with an expression containing nothing other than pure horror.

"Are you okay, Bulgaria?" I asked.

"This can't be happening... why..." he mumbled, shaking.

"What's wrong with Romania? The rate you're going, you'll pulverize her in minutes-"

"No, it's not that."

"Then why are you afraid?"

"I... don't have... the best relationship with Romania. I.... I don't know..."

"Oh come ON," Turkey chimes in, "You and I don't have the best relationship, and yet here we are!" Bulgaria smacked Turkey in the face and stormed back into the house. Turkey sighed and carefully sat down on the dirt, staring at his feet.

"Are you two... fine with each other?" I asked curiously. Turkey sighed again, this time bigger than the last, and explained, "I used to own him. Back when I was 'great', I owned more countries than you would've thought; Greece, Romania, and lot more, one of which was Bulgaria. I treated them like my children, and they practically were, even if they weren't blood related."

I paused and stepped back a bit. "What happened to their real parents?"

"I conquered them. Empires who conquer take countries by killing them off and stealing their children, claiming they're theirs'."

My eyes grew twice in size.

"When Greece discovered I have killed his mother, the Byzantine Empire, he rebelled, starting the First of two Balkans Wars. Other Balkan countries joined, including Bulgaria, whose father was the Second Bulgarian Empire. I lost. Much of my land was taken away, making me weaker."

My face turned pale.

"Does that make Bulgaria... your stepson?"

There was a long pause.

"No," Turkey remembered, "He was a feisty child back in the days, stronger than the rest by his ability- to increase his strength and agility."

"How old is he, by his human age?"

"Around twenty-six, I believe."

"What about you?"

"Probably twenty-eight."

Human ages are randomly chosen to all countries, they're for appearance in both Patriaterra and the human world. As an example, Turkey is technically over 600 years old, but he appears to be in his late twenties. They say that choosing your human age is totally random, but in my opinion, I think it's all based off of personality. Take Switzerland, a relatively compassionate, caring, and helpful lady, who is around forty-two, and the United States, a clever yet rude, unsophisticated motherfucker, said to be twenty-one. Coincidence? I think not.

If you haven't guessed yet, I'm thirty. Probably a little old for marriage, but I don't care. I want to do this.

.............................

A few months later, I was sitting inside the trenches, by myself, with no one else. I like to consider myself unlucky, since all three of my friends don't have to be stuck in the trenches like me. Mud covers every inch of my unform, even after only two hours of consecutive fighting. Audiences realized it was too dangerous to be near, especially with the gas and shell shockers fired constantly.