"So, you mean, some farm workers in our neighborhood came here just to give us a Lamb meat?"

"Yeah. That's what neighbors do. We give and share."

"Vlance, don't do that again, okey? We don't know them well. What if they have a bad motive. We shouldn't trust people we barely know." The security should have done their job well. If only she knew, ultimately, her husband can't be trusted either.

"Ano ka ba, Duke! Nagbigay lang sila ng karne! Oh, don't tell me you're gonna scold the security personnel again. I was the one who insisted to let them in. Wala silang nagawa."

"Oh, Vlance. You're too stubborn, you know that?"

"Yeah...Yeah. I know."

"Guys, the food is ready." Liam announced.

"We're coming..." Russel who was busy playing the keyboard just a while ago stood up and the other boys followed him as they carry some of their musical instruments.

"Ayos! Tamang-tama, gutom na ako!" Bert delightfully stormed out.

"Huy! Sandali! Hintayin mo kami! 'wag mo kaming ubusan!" Kulas run after him. Their slippers are flopping against the marble flooring that produces a loud slapping noise as they run and everyone laugh at them.

Vlance turned her head to Dannelle and said, "Mauna na kayo doon, susunod kami."

"Sige, hintayin namin kayo," Gino replied.

We're both left together. "Duke, let's clean your wound first."

"It's alright. I'm fine."

"Duke, please, don't be stubborn. I know if a wound has not been cleaned for a long time. You might get an infection." It has been already twenty-four hours or even more, since I had a doctor clean the wound. That's when we're still in Boston before she was discharged. I don't know how to clean it and my time has been too hectic since we arrive this morning. The doctor said I should change dressing every day to avoid getting infections but up until now, I still haven't get it cleaned.

"Do you know how to clean a wound? I'll just call my doctor..."

"Shh... you talk too much. Of course, I know how to." We both smiled.

"I always get injured because of the many troubles I get in to with, that is why learned how to clean my wounds by my own. Ellie taught me how to. So just trust me, okey?" The curved smile on my lips immediately disappeared when I heard his name.

"Maupo ka muna d'yan. Kukunin ko lang yung First Aid Kit sa drawer. Just wait here."

"Vlance, careful. Don't run." She's always making me worry. She's pregnant, for Christ's sake.

She came back with the kit and then she sat down on my side and begun undressing the bandage on my hand. "Oh gosh! Duke what happen? Are you sure you just hit something? You smashed your knuckles, seriously."

"I'm fine... Aurgh!" Right before I could even say that she has nothing to worry, I felt the pain when she suddenly spills the anti-septic solution.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'll be gentle."

"I'm fine, I'm fine ka pa d'yan. Tignan mo, masakit pala." We both chuckled faintly.

As I was watching her, I felt guilty and remorseful. Why does it have to be now? Now that I had completely fallen for her. I could have avoided my feelings, if only I had known sooner. Why does that incident have to happen?

"It's done." She realized I was out of my trance.

"Huy! Kinina ka pa tulala d'yan! Are you sure you're fine? Are you sick?" She puts the back of her palm on my forehead to check on my temperature.