the night under the hull

After the campfire was lit, all three crews started sitting around it and eating their canned food.

"I miss the fruit from Grandma ernas groceries."
Says the driver of R3

Mike looks at him. "i haven't been there. We had just arrived there in the morning."

The driver replies to that, "It's the best fruit ever. The apples are sour and sweet at the same times and the oranges are so juicy."

James turns toward the two
"Oh, i love oranges. I haven't had one of those for years."

Joseph and the commander of R2 are in a conversation about their tanks
Joseph explains about the cannon.
"Our tank has a good cannon. 75 mm and up to 180 mm penetrating power."

The tank commander replies ," i really want an FTV-9, because a year ago i didn't have problems at all neutralizing and enemy. But now i feel like i am cutting wood with a fork."

To this, joseph says, "well yeah but the FTV-8 is way more reliable, and i find it annoying to repair the suspension of the FTV-9, but the FTV-8 has such an easy to repair suspension."

The commander nods "yeah that at least is true. By the way, i heard they have finally fielded the FTV-10, the one with 80mm cannon and armour that can withstand almost every medium tank they have fielded"

Joseph looks astonished. "Really? I would like to sit in that beast. I wonder how it will look. "

The commander, now wispering
"Psst wanna see the blueprint? This is top secret, so don't show anyone. They (the higher ups) don't even know i have this."

Joseph nods, and the commander gets out a scroll of blueprint

[Designed and drawn by me]

Joseph looks at the blueprint with great interest.

"Wow, this is really a beast. i want to drive this so badly."
Mike stands up and calls ,"Time for sleep, everyone!"

The commander of R2 puts the blueprint away in his bag and walks to his tank.
Mike, thomas, joseph, and james get into their sleeping bags under their FTV-9.

Thomas moans, "aww man now i miss the barn. I hate sleeping under the tank more." This makes james Chuckle
"I told you so."

Thomas turns his back to james
"Shut up short, king, let me sleep."

Joseph turns his front to thomas
"Are you good? You have been looking a little grumpy since you have been collecting wood. "

Thomas doesn't turn to him. "I'm fine. Let me sleep."

Joseph doesn't stop. " thomas listen..."

Mike cuts in, "Guys, let him be and get some sleep. If he doesn't want to talk, then he doesn't."

They all stop talking and try to sleep. James starts snoring, a few minutes later, mikes breathing becomes steady and heavy, half an hour later Joseph too is snoring but not as loud as james. Thomas alone is now awake. He climbs out of his sleeping bag and from under the tank. And looks at the fireplace. All the wood has chared and is still glowing a little, but there is no more real fire. Thomas sits down and starts thinking and then overthinking.

"I don't want to be here. What if i die. I am scared, i want to go home, i want to go home, i want to go home."
He suddenly yells,"I WANT TO GO HOME!!!"

an starts breathing faster and faster. This feeling of walls closing in on him, he feels stuck. Something took his breath he has problems breathing. He breathes faster and faster. He can't speak anymore he can't really grab a thought. This overwhelming fear is closing in.
Thomas starts hyperventilating and falls to the ground on all fours. His hands and feet start tingeling, and he is sweating like out in the deseet. He is holding himself up with his underarms and elbows. His body feels light. He feels like he is about to lose consciousness. His lips start tingeling, too. He stops feeling the tingeling in his hands and feet they are now numb. A second later, he crumbels to the ground and goes unconscious. After a few minutes, he wakes up and goes into his sleeping bag. He feels tired and is still shaking. After a few minutes, he, too, snores