Episode 1 - Chapter 4

You and Jonathan were back at work. It was a nice warm and semi quieter night. The country was liberated so there was reason to celebrate.

Jonathan's phone on the switchboard began to ring. 

 "Good evening Miss Alekan." Jonathan answered.

" I'd like you to bring a scotch andsoda to my room please."

 " I can ask room service. Or thereshould be a minibar just under themain wardrobe."

 " I've been here nearly a year MrPine, I know where the minibar is.I want you."

Sophie hangs up and you look over at Jonathan and see he looks a little uncomfortable. Jonathan then walks over to you.

"Y/N, do you mind bringing a scotch and soda to miss Alekan?"

You looked at him confused.
"Why me?"

"She keeps hitting on me and.."

"She what?" you cut in.

"Relax. You never have to worry about me doing anything."

"I know, I know..." you then sighed. "Alright...I'll go. But what if she turns me away because I'm not you?"

"Just tell her I'm super busy and I apologize."

You made your way over, drink on a platter, heading to Sophie's door. Once you reached her room, you gently knocked on her door. She wasn't answering so you took the key and entered the room.

"Miss Alekan? I have your drink."

You walk in further and see the woman sitting on her bed, back facing you.

"I asked for Mr. Pine only."

"Yes, Mr. Pine apologizes but he is very busy at the moment. Where would you like me to leave your drink?"

"What is your name?"

"Y/N L/N."

"Y/N...You wouldn't happen to be Mr. Pine's girlfriend are you?"

"Yes ma'am...I am."

"Did he show you?"

You then looked at her confused.

"I'm sorry?"

"The documents...Did he show you?"

You swallowed. You didn't want to get Jonathan in trouble but you didn't want to lie either.

"Yes ma'am...He did. But you can trust me too."

"Did any of you show them to anyone?"

"No one." you told her.

"If you tell me the truth I shall believe you. I very much want to believe there is one gentleman. someone decent, left on earth."

" It's the truth. I gave you my word."

 "Freddie Hamid was just here."

"Really? I didn't see him in the foyer."

"You never see him. He uses the carpark lift, like the good married Muslim he is. Tonight he was late. He said he had just spoken to the man from Ironbrand."

" Which man?" you asked.

" Come Ms. L/N, you're cleverer than that. Richard Onslow Roper. The worst man in the world. Roper told Freddie that their deal was off. Apparently Roper had been warned."

"Who by?"

" Friends in London. Good friends. Roper was angry it appears. Now Freddie is angry with me. He thinks I betrayed him. So my question to you Ms. L/N is do you have no suggestion as to how this information could have reached them?"