Episode 1 - Chapter 2

It's been sometime since the events from this afternoon and you were still at work, busy on the computer. You didn't even realize what time it was till Jonathan came over to you.

"Darling what are you still doing here?"

You look up at him, a little startled.

"Oh, sorry. There's just so much work to be done. I can't leave yet. And to be honest, I don't really want to go out there and I don't want to leave you to handle any more guests by yourself."

Jonathan just smiled at you. You've been together for almost 2 years now and he still could not get over how sweet you were.

"Love you don't have to worry about me here. But yes you're right about heading out there. I don't feel comfortable either...But you look so exhausted."

"I'm fine babe."

You knew you weren't fine. You were very, very tired. And you knew you wouldn't be able to lie to Jonathan much longer. The man knew you too well now. You gave it away even more once you let out a big yawn. Jonathan let out a little chuckle.

"Are there any free rooms?" He asked you.

You looked at him confused.

"Yes...Why?"

"Take that room for the night and get some sleep."

"Jonathan, I don't think we're allowed to do that."

" Y/N, as the night manager I give you permission. Now grab the key for that room and get some rest."

You looked up at him and smiled. You loved how he always looked out for you.

'Alright then. Thank you. I'll be in room 4006." you told him getting up and grabbing the key for the room. Before you left, Jonathan grabbed your hand and gave you a kiss on the cheek. You smiled at him and then as you were leaving, noticed a woman walking over. You gave her a smile then headed to the elevator. Jonathan watched you leave and then looked over at the woman who was now standing in front of him.

"Busy day for you." the woman told him.

" Everyone's trying to leave. We're doing our best to help them."

" Everyone except me. I have nowhere to go."

"Is Madame requiring some more Flurazepam?"

" No. Thank you. What's your name?"

" Pine."

" Make me a coffee would you Mr Pine?"

Jonathan just stares at her confused as she walks to the breakfast room.

One of the men poured the woman a cup of coffee as Jonathan sat there.

"I'm afraid I can't be long, I'm still trying to find taxis for various guests. And I need to check in on someone." Jonathan told her.

" What do you know of me?"

" Your name is Miss Sophie Alekan,you're staying in Penthouse number3. And you have trouble sleeping."

"And do you know who is footing my bill?" she asked, staring at him.

 "Yes."

 "Freddie Hamid is everything they hate. Entrenched privilege, old Egyptian family, in with the powers that be, richer than Croesus, corrupt to the core. The Hamid family owns half the city. And Freddie Hamid owns me."