4

Nika apparently invited Marlene to watch her basketball practice and Marlene apparently wanted me to tag along so that she wouldn't be caught ogling girls alone. Thankfully for Marlene, I was very much in the mood for ogling girls. Especially a girl named Paige Bueckers. 

That night after the party, Paige and I exchanged instagrams and I came to know that the star basketball players was actually a celebrity. Truth be told, I wasn't someone who spent their time on instagram too much, I only really used it to text people for group projects. So when Paige gave me hers' it was definitely a little odd for me to spend the whole night stalking her page. But who was I kidding, I definitely wasn't complaining.

Marlene and I walked to the gym where the girl's basketball team usually practiced and I was met with the sight of the girls running around the court. I gazed around at them before my eyes finally caught Paige.

She had her hair in the ponytail again and she was laughing about something with one of the other girls. As she came closer to where we were standing, she lifted her shirt up, wiping the sweat on her face with it. 

I lifted my hand to wave to her but she just ran past me and my heart sank a little. I guess our little chat meant nothing after all. 

I started to sulk, looking at my shoes and the floor, anything other than Paige when I heard someone yell.

"Yo, Cherry!" Paige turned around, running backwards as she looked at me with a bright smile. I gave her a wave and a shy smile when she winked at me. 

I thought my heart stopped right then and there. How could she be so attractive?

"You better close that mouth before Paige sees you drooling over her," Marlene muttered to me. 

"Mar, you can't be talking when you've literally been eye fucking Nika this whole time."

Marlene scoffed, elbowing me playfully before we both headed to the bleachers. 

Something that I learned that day was that basketball practices were stressful. With the coach yelling at the girls and them running way too many laps as punishment, it really hurt to watch. I did find it admirable how they all had such a big passion for the sport and how much hard work they put into it. It made me wish that I had something that I was that passionate about.

After practice ended, Nika ran up to us immediately hugging Marlene and lifting her off the ground, spinning her around. Marlene screamed, her legs flailing as she yelled at Nika to put her down. 

"Get a room!" Paige yelled as she ran towards me. 

I laugh, "Those two are the most dense blockheads I've seen."

"You could say that again," Paige said as she smiled. "Hey, are you doing anything tomorrow morning? I was thinking we could get breakfast together or something."

I raked my head, thinking over my schedule. I did have a class at 10 in the morning but I should be free before that. 

I did have this fitness class I go to. . .

I mustered up my courage and asked her, "I usually go to this Yoga class on Thursday mornings, do you want to join me?"

"I'm down." She said. Marlene and Nika seemed to have been finished with whatever they were up to and my roommate was now signaling me to join her. Paige seemed to have noticed this, "text me the details?"

"Sure thing," I tell her as I walk towards Marlene. "I'll see ya tomorrow!"

Paige waves back, giving me another wink before she leaves. 

Tomorrow was going to be a long day. 

A/N: I know this is kinda boring right now but i promise it'll get better. ty for reading!