"Mornin'" 🕶️

A/N this sorta timeskips after Ace's first arrival. Just had to point this out yknow?

Birds chirping outside of the window could be heard from the kitchen, where 2D was making his peppermint tea. Things have changed since Murdoc was put in prison, mostly for the better. His replacement didn't interact with the singer all too much. Now if thats 2D's fault since he doesn't make the effort to do so is up for debate. He hummed a bit as he placed the tea bag into his cup and swished it around in the cup, the cup was pretty hot because he did use a tea kettle for the hot water.So, he carefully placed a hand on the side of the cup to make sure if it'd be too hot to drink or not. He took a small sip and almost burned his lips, he immediately pulled it away once he felt the very hot cup. So, he grabbed a few ice cubes from the fridge beside him to put inside his tea. Once they were in the tea he carefully took another sip and the tea was cool enough to drink, the more he sipped the more he thought about the new bassist 'I haven't talked to him in a long time..' he thought 'What if he hates me?' he thought more and more of thoughts like that, seeming to not pay attention to so called new bassist tiredly coming into the kitchen. Ace seemed as if he got no sleep at all, or too little, it was hard to predict at first glance since his sunglasses did block his eyes so eyebags were hard to spot. 2D did jump a bit, startled because he was lost in his thoughts and Ace did mumble something. Although it was hard to hear what he actually said, 2D just shrugged and got out of his way and continued to sip his tea.

"Mornin' 2D" He said, blankly. Still seeming as tired as ever.

"Oh! Eh... Morning" He turned to Ace "Did you sleep well?"

"Eh.. Not really, how about you though?" He said as he tiredly took off his sunglasses to rub his eyes, then soonly put the glasses back on.

"Same here, not so good. But I'm making tea to wake myself up!" He yawned before giving Ace a soft smile.

Silence filled the kitchen as he sipped his tea and went to the kitchen table to sit down. Ace noticed the silence but didn't really want to say anything about it, and so he decided to cook some eggs. He turned on the stove and grabbed a pan, he then started looking for vegetable oil.

"What you making?" He tilted his head, noticing Ace was strangely enough, cooking. 2D didn't know Ace could cook considering he's never seen him do so.

"Just a casual, eggs and toast." He hummed "Maybe bacon if you have any.. Never really checked though"

"I think we do, let me check." He got up heading over to the fridge and pulled out some bacon in a sealed package. "This good?"

"Yea, thanks" He smiled a bit as he opened the package and took out a few pieces.

Silence dreaded in again for a short while.

"So uhm... have you spoken to Russell and Noodle in a while? I've been cooped up in my room for a while."

"I usually talk to Noodle more than Russ so there's that" He shrugged "Oh and about the cooped up part, why have you been? You okay?" He seemed a bit worried.

"Oh yeah im fine- I've just been tired for the past few days. Theres some stuff going on with the former band member and jail.."

"Oh, I understand that." He still seemed a bit worried "And some stuff..? Like what?" He hummed as he continued to cook

"Well apparently..the band's fans want Murdoc back and are trying to "supposedly" break him out of jail.." He sighed, rubbing his eyes. "They've been using some..weird hashtag ,"#FreeMurdoc" i think."

"Oh yea, I've seen that. Don't get why they can't just enjoy something temporary" He shrugged "But hey, some fans respect me" He smiled a bit.

"Alot of people enjoy you! It's nice to have someone new, you know?"