He Knows Now:

We have a large living room, with so many different seats and sofas you could sit on, all pretty comfortable. Yet here I am, in the doorway, leaning slumped against the wall with my eyes closed. Yeah, I have terrible posture. But what did you expect from me, Nagito Komaeda, the Ultimate Garbage Dickwad? 

My eyes flutter open at the sound of footsteps stopping in front of me. Instinctually, I wrench myself away from whoever grips my shoulders. They also back up, alarmed at my reaction. Only then do I actually look up at them. 

"Oh. Hi, uhm... I'm sorry, I forget your name already," I mumble. In my defense, he's not a part of MY class, so am I really expected to remember his name? 

He clears his throat and manages an awkward chuckle. Doesn't seem like the charismatic type of guy, does he? No, not really, judging by his appearance. Rather, he seems like the high school emo kid who can never get a date. 

"Shuichi Saihara."

"Ah. Okay. And? What're you doing around such trash as I?"

He just stares intensely at me with his unnaturally golden eyes. "You aren't trash, Nagito," he deadpans. 

"How do you know my name?"

"Because unlike you, I write everything down. Besides, I don't forget names too easily."

Huh. I guess I should just slowly nod as if I understand him completely. And I do. And he seems to buy it, just my luck! 

"Anyway, uhm... The doorway isn't the best place to fall asleep, man... I- You should go upstairs to your room or something."

"But Hajime's thereeee," I groan, throwing my head back. 

Shuichi just blinks at me. So he's also the no bullshit kind of guy, isn't he? Just like Hinata? Huh. Seems like I meet one too many people who just can't stand me. Or maybe he knows someone as annoying as me and is sick of dealing with them. 

Heh. 

Doubt it. 

Nobody can be as annoying as me. 

"Aaand? Hajime won't kill you, Nagito, just go to your room if you're going to fall asleep."

I start walking away from him, sighing. He sighs too, but heavier than I. I am really tired after all, I just didn't feel like making the journey up the stairs. 

But now I am. Because he would have kept bothering me until I did. 

As I walk up the stairs, I cast a glance behind me to see how everyone is doing. 

Aaand the weird Tanaka guy is just sitting on the floor talking to his rats again. That's nice. 

The guy with the creepy mask and hair and just everything about him in all its creepiness is on his way to the nursing wing. Visiting his unfortunate avocado haired friend, I guess. 

Now HIM I remember. I definitely remember Rantaro's name. Simply because when he fell and hit his head, it was a pretty big deal. Everyone that had a shread of empathy in them were out of it when the thing happened. Me included. 

Not that it even matters anymore, because that was a while ago. 

Now I'm almost at my room when I hear voices drifting down the hallway. Actually, it's just one voice. I think. I'm not sure. 

The closer I get, the clearer it is. 

It's Kirumi, seemingly talking to herself. But what about? Curiosity gets the better of me, and I put my ear up to the door to listen. 

"Argh, Tenko..." she grumbles, sounding stressed. I've never heard her sound that way... 

And who's this Tenko person anyway? 

"It will be worth it to find her, I'm sure. Some day soon, I just know we will find you, Tenko... And you'll be with us. You're supposed to be. Everyone else is."

Another Ultimate? Huh. I'm guessing Kirumi really wanted this under wraps. She's going about it privately. 

"If another day goes by, I WILL have to send somebody out to find you. And I believe I only have a selected few I can trust with such a task..."

I'm curious to know who she considers trustworthy with something like this... 

"Peko. I'll let her know the day after tomorrow about it all and send her."

Peko! How interesting. Kirumi sounds so hopeful about it that it puts a smile on my own face. 

Before I can be caught eavesdropping, I back away from the door and sprint to my room. Hajime look up from his bed, an eyebrow raised. But he knows damn well I'm telling him NOTHING. 

"You look excited."

"Mhm. Don't worry, has nothing to do with you at all."

"Damn."

"Now you look disappointed."

"Eh. Maybe I am."

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Apr 24 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Home for the Ultimatesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें