Chapter ten

I'm still hesitant to go but my mom wants me to go. She gets me ready and gets me to put on the dress she bought me. Ironically, it's red. It's tight and I don't usually wear tight stuff. It's also sleeveless so it's the complete opposite of what I like to wear. I have strapped black heels on too. My mom helps me tie my hair so it's half up half down and my dad makes me my requested snack. A ham and cucumber sandwich. My mom wants me to put on red lipstick but I'm lipgloss all the way. It's red tinted though...
I don't really feel pretty. I want to be a little girl spinning around in a red dress not a grown up girl apprehensive to leave her house in one. My mom won't even let me throw a sweatshirt over the top.

When we show up at their house I'm reminded that I'll know most of the people there. It'll be fun once I get past the whole Noah thing. "Noah's in his room. You can go see him, Colton. You know how much he struggles about this. He's been extra upset since he came back from yours." Mr. Hartford says. Colton looks at me. I feel guilty. "I think Brooke should go up there.." Colton says. Mr. Hartford raises an eyebrow. "Um..I'd like to.." I admit. He nods and I walk upstairs before immediately regretting it. This is selfish. I'm doing this because I want him to be ok and I can't handle him being mad at me but that's kinda selfish considering what he's going through. I knock on the door. "Who is it?" Noah asks, he sounds like he's been crying. "Um..me..Brooke." I mumble. "Why are you even here?" His voice breaks. "I wanna talk..." I reply. He opens the door and then sits down on his bed, his back to me. "I'm sorry. Yesterday was so terrible of me..I'm so insensitive and terrible and I'm a liar. I like being around you." I sit down next to him. "You look pretty." He says, not looking at me. "Really? You think so? Peter says I look ugly in red. That it isn't for 'girls like me'.." I can't admit how much that means to me. It's kinda pathetic. "Because he's a brain dead asshole. Red was made for you. You're gorgeous. I like you in red." He says, putting his hand on mine.

"I really miss her, Brooke.." he says, his voice breaking again.

"I can't even tell imagine, Noah.." I reply. "It's stupid but I thought...that s-since your mon came back that..that she would. How dumb is that?" He says. "It's not dumb.." I sigh. "You can go downstairs if you want.." He mumbles. I shake my head. "There's no where else I'd rather be." I squeeze his hand.