Do It Now Remember It Later

(I've seen this place before,
back when I was young
And I had something more to prove

Now that I'm older, I've seen all the things that I want
And I'm ready to make my move..)

Shou ran into the gym, out of breath. Without waiting for his breathing to calm down, he started to talk.

"They're coming... they're coming sir!.."

"Are you really sure this will work?" Hanashima asked with a sigh.

"Just like we talked about yesterday... You'll see!"

Erika and Reika were the first to arrive at the gym. They didn't seem to expect to see Shou there.

"S-shou?"

"Yeah, Reika?"

"Did you take notes too?"

"Why are you so surprised, Erika?"

"Nothing.."

There was a wait of several minutes. Then two more faces appeared at the entrance of the hall. It was Aoto and Tagi.

Erika couldn't help but get excited when she saw Aoto. She didn't know that he would be here either. Frankly, she didn't know who the future persons would be.

The door was opened one last time and the whole atmosphere changed when those entered. Erika's brows furrowed and Reika hid behind her.

The triplets were the last to arrive. Kota's eyes immediately locked on Aoto. What was he doing here?

"Okay, what's going on here?" Erika turned to Shou in question.

"I think we've been tricked." Ryuuji grins. He is obviously impressed by Shou's intelligence.

"We were informed that we would be challenged by a titan." Tagi showed the paper he took out of his pocket.

"8 youths were chosen to be tested for their strength and abilities in a competition held by a great titan.

Friday, Gym, 10:30

With this note,
Be there."

"Did you set this up?" Ouzou asks.

"Whoever sets it up doesn't change anything. It's what the note says."

Shou's words are a signal for Hanashima to appear. Everyone who sees him is surprised.

"Didn't you say 'a great titan'?" Ryuuji asks sarcastically.

"There, he is!"

"I cannot see the supreme one." Kota speaks for the first time.

"He's more of a exhausted, hopeless person." Ouzou adds.

Even though the things they say are extremely rude, no one objects to the grain of truth they contain. Gym teacher Hanashima's depression was known to everyone. He stopped enjoying life a long time ago.

"I'm not the supreme. We saw what happened to the great in the Battle of the Titanomachy⑴." Still, he's not going to let a few brats talk to him like that.

Hanashima is growing in size. His muscles swell and his eyes turn a bright golden color. At the same time, gray strands appear in his black hair. Just like his ancestor Kronos. "Do you want to compete or not?"

"I want." Kota is the first to answer. He spoke without taking his eyes off Aoto, earning a very slight grin from him in return.

After the others confirmed that they wanted to compete, the rules and what to do were explained. There would be 7 stages in total.