"I think we should get you home." He suggested, wrapping an arm around her waist as she went to disappear back into the crowd on the dance floor. "You've got a flight to catch tomorrow morning." So had he, but she was easily twice as drunk as he was.

Her face fell at the reminder. "I don't want to go." Her bottom lip quivered and he was unsure if she meant home from the club or on her flight and she didn't elaborate. "Dance with me?" She grabbed his wrist and pulled him along with her.

"One dance, then we're going." He told her.

She ignored him, wrapping her arms around his neck and closing her eyes as she swayed to the beat of the music. He moved with her, hands finding their way to her waist but watching her carefully, trying to decipher the expression on her face, there was something about her smile that was so sad. A few seconds later, a single tear rolled down her cheek and he quickly brushed it away. She opened her eyes and looked up at him as he touched her face.

"Come on, let's go." He said softly, taking her by the hand and leading her through the crowd. She didn't argue with him this time as he waved goodbye to the rest of the drivers and then headed out the door into a taxi.

She was silent the entire way back to her house, staring out the window as though she might find the answer to her problems out there somewhere. In reality, she was just hoping he couldn't see she was crying.

Her hand was still in his as he unlocked the front door to her house, Hannah being too drunk to do much more than find the key and thrust it in his direction. "I think we need to get you some water." He steered her in the direction of her sofa where she flopped down without an argument and disappeared into the kitchen. He glanced at the clock briefly, realising it was nearly 3 am and she was supposed to be on a flight in five hours.

She was staring blankly into space when he returned and took the glass of water from him, holding it for a moment before looking at it like she didn't know how it had got there. He bent down and pulled off her heels after she made no attempt to.

"Cassie's going to kill me." She mumbled. "She told me not to talk to him. Said nothing good would come of it."

He was about to ask who he was when it clicked. The ex. Suddenly it made so much sense. She'd been fine when he'd left her in the garage at the start of the race but when he'd returned she'd been distracted and looked like she was going to cry a couple of times, brushing it off and asking him about the party.

He didn't know what to say, he didn't even know if she was really talking to him or if she was just drunkenly mumbling without realising he was sitting next to her.

"It's my fault apparently. I'm so unloveable I gave him no choice but to cheat on me. He was trapped with me for six years trying to find a way out." She was still mumbling in between gulps of water. "Like I wasn't just as trapped as he was. I spent months, hell maybe even years, trying to tell him how I felt and he never listened. But it's all my fault of course. It always is."

"So what now? What are you going to do?"Lando asked quietly. He wasn't sure if he wanted to acknowledge how much the fact she was still so hung up on her ex hurt him.

She looked at him like the question was insane. "I've got another hundred and something shows of my tour left. I'm going to get up and sing." The tears were back, rolling down her face again leaving a dark smear of mascara behind them. She turned and burrowed herself into his chest before he could say anything. So he just wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly.

The sobs eventually dissipated, replaced with gentle snores instead. "Hannah." He whispered, shaking her gently. "Hannah."

Nothing. He thought about what to do for a moment, then with a bit of awkward manoeuvring managed to scoop her up and carried her up the stairs in the direction of her bedroom.