part 13: wedding

The procession of Antarasena came back victorious, the news of Thandakasur's defeat already spread across the whole Aryavrat, and Kathiravani also known as Pragata ki Maharani and also, Maharani Pragati. She was the unique existence in Aryavrat, and many Kings and Crown Princes gritted their teeth, they lamented how they lose such a big catch, Suryavanshi Yuvrani Kaushalya was already a famous name, she was the only Crown Princess in her own right in the middle of many Crown Princes, Kosala was a prosperous Kingdom and her line was magnificent, traced back to Ikshvaku, first Suryavanshi King, and right now she was also a Queen of a Kingdom, Ramaprashta.

They were welcomed by the cheers of the crowd, after that, she greeted her parents, then she was ushered to entering the bath as Rajmata Kunti already arrived days ago for the wedding.

Her mother and several female members of her family applied turmeric paste on her, then they did hed whole pampering the body, after finished, Kathiravani's skin became so glowing and relaxing.

She sat down while the three Maharani decorated herself, Maharani Indulekha placed rings into her fingers and she sighed,

"jiji look, our Kaushalya's mehendi is so dark, she will be loved by her in laws, you don't have to worry,"

Maharani Sumitra nodded in agreement, "you should relax, jiji, Mudita is victorious and now she's a Queen of her own state and in the next hours will be married, everything is going like your plans."

"what all my Kakishree said are true, beside, i am Kathiravani, who wouldn't love me? I am so lovable after all," she said with her eyebrows up, Maharani Shruti couldn't help but smacked her head, and Kathiravani shouted, "Maa, must you smack me like this?!"

After Maharani Vaidehi bickered with her daughter more, she went outside to prepare for the arrival of Groom's sise. Kathiravani baffled when she saw the wedding clothes she must wear, it was red as vermilion and adorned with many precious stones and heavy.

"this is the wedding saree Rajmata Kunti gave yesterday in chuda ceremony," Maharani Sumitra explained, she knew her niece hated to wear heavy clothes, she liked jewelries but hated the clothes, every clothes she had was made from the best silk, so when wear that she would not feel stuffed.

After she wore the clothes, Maharani Indulekha applied kajal on her eyes then she put some on her back ears, they made her wear intricacies jewelries, then she was ready for her wedding.

***

The rituals for the wedding had been concluded, Yudhistira applied sindoor on Kathiravani's forehead now the for the bidaai ceremony, Maharaj Ranjeet came in front and he joined his hands,

"my Kaushalya is now your wife, she's the only child i've got in my life and the most precious for me, please for parents's love towards their child, let her come back every six months after living with you,"

Maharaj Ranjeet always been the one with pride, but right now he begged because of his love towards his daughter, Kathiravani already cried while Yudhistira felt his nose sour, he could feel the way her father in law loved his wife, he touched Maharaj Ranjeet's joined hand,

"Pitashree, you're also my father now, how come a son not fulfilled his father's request? i promise Kaushalya can comes back, she also has responsibility towards her people."

Maharaj Ranjeet embraced his son in law, then the procession went on as the bride leaving her home reluctantly.

Rajmata Kunti and Kuru Elders already went back to Hastinapur first as they needed to helped and informed everyone to prepared for the upcoming of newlyweds. The couple shared a chariot followed by all of the family, Kathiravani's younger siblings followed after them in their respecfive horses for a hundred miles.