23 : listening to your heartbeat

Start from the beginning

" I want to hear it again. Right now."

" ummm, can you be more precise about it?" I press my lips together.

He lifts his head and his eyes meets mine. My  fingers still entangled in his tousled hair.

He rests his palms on either side of my head and lifts himself up a little.

And then narrows his eyes at me. " Fine. I love you."

" I know! You made it pretty clear by saying it so many times earlier." I smirk and he makes a face at me.

I'm enjoying this a little too much.

" Ayezah! " he let out a wince.

A warm smile spreads across my face as I lift my head a little and press my lips to his, in a quick peck, not able to resist his adorable expression. He closes his eyes.

"Okay, I love you too," I whispered, my voice filled with tenderness.

"No, actually, I love you more." I say and he opens his eyes and gazes into mine.

"Nope, I love you more. Definitely."

"Excuse me? Is there some competition going on here?"

" And just a gentle reminder, I fell for you first." I jut my chin out like I'm way too proud of it.

A soft smile tugs at the corners of his lips, and his gaze intensifies.

" But I fell harder." The rush of emotions swirling in his eyes makes it hard for me to catch my breath.

" Damn. fucking. harder." He presses on each word, his voice sounding extra hot, huskier and deep.

My heart starts thumping loudly like a wild horse out of control.

"Did I make your heart race again?" he smirks.

" ofcourse, you never fail to." I smirk back, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him closer, he chuckles and shower kisses all over my face.

I giggle along with him, the sound of our laughter intertwining in the air like a sweet melody.

He reaches out with tenderness, his fingers delicately tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

I gaze into his eyes, captivated by the warmth and affection that radiate from his gaze.

His one palm still rests on the side of my head, supporting himself. Even though he is draped all over me, he makes sure not to press his entire body's weight on me.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

I take a moment to gather my thoughts.

"Just thinking, how more of a foolish I can get. I mean, you truly are the nicest person to ever walk on this planet and it pains me to think that I didn't tell you everything earlier and worst, I even hurt you with my words. I'm so mad at myself." I groan, squeezing my eyes shut.

"Do you know what your only negative tendency is, babie?" He pecks my nose gently.

" You tend to overthink everything. It's time to give that pretty head of yours some well-deserved rest." He grazes his nose against mine before planting a tender kiss on my cheek.

The sensation of his touch sends a shiver of warmth cascading through me, like a gentle breeze on a summer evening.

"Actually, you know what,"

Suddenly, he springs up from the bed, leaving me momentarily puzzled and missing the comforting warmth of his body.

With a swift motion, he stretches his arm backside and effortlessly pulls his t-shirt up in one go, discarding it on the floor.