Chapter Five

"Wee!" Dee giggled, she was standing on her tiptoes so she could fit her head and shoulders out the limousine's sunroof. She extended her arms in the air, loving the rush of wind slipping between her fingers as the limo flew down the road. "You guys have to try this!" She cheered, "it's so much fun!"

Unbeknownst to her, her companions were discussing what exactly to do with her. The Vees exchanged looks as Dee continued giggling from the sunroof.

Vox, a 7ft tall demon with a flat screen for a face projecting glowing eyes, the right outlined in black, the left outlined in cyan with red sclera, cyan pupils and matching cyan colored pointed teeth, looked at the giggling girl making sure she wasn't listening. He was stylishly dressed in a navy and cyan striped suit, red bowtie and sporting a top hat with a logo reminiscent of broadcasting signals. "I think it would benefit us to get close to her."

Valentino, a 10 ft tall moth demon with grayish lavender hued skin, massive fluffy red black and white wings that he often draped around himself to resemble a luxurious robe and sporting a pair of gold rimmed heart shaped glasses, also glanced at the giggling girl, "I bet she'd be easy to manipulate she's been living under a rock her whole life, let's make her a star and profit off her." He shrugged.

Velvette, a 7ft tall demon with dark cedar skin, big curly bright red hair that fades into a dark navy blue at the ends of her pigtails, and piercing eyes with red sclera, white irises and slit pupils, half paid attention to her counterparts while scrolling through her phone. "I think she's stronger than she's letting on." She remarked.

Val huffed, "she's an easy mark."

Vox sighed, "whatever we do, we need to handle it carefully if she's friends with the king of hell."

"So, we cater to the bitches every whim?" Val glowered.

"No." Vox hissed. "We keep her happy and observe her to figure out our next move."

"Afraid of a little girl?" Val smirked.

"She did nearly end his existence in the lobby." Velvette jabbed.

Vox shot them both a scowl before reaching out to the petite human looking girl. He placed a clawed hand to her lower back causing the girl to jump. She lost her balance and nearly tumbled onto his lap. He caught her by the waist causing her entire body to flush crimson. She would be incredibly easy to manipulate. "Careful, it's dangerous." He feigned concern.

"O-Oh." Dee stammered, "th-thank you, Vox." she timidly looked away, feeling like her heart was going to catapult right out of her chest at their closeness. He always touched her so casually and it made her chest feel strange but not necessarily bad. With Velvette's help, she had found a stylish outfit that wouldn't stand out so much and complement the Vees during their outing. She was wearing what Velvette called a wonderland style dress, it was bright red, with black and white hearts, ruffled underskirts that created a cute poof, she wore knee high black stockings littered with white and red hearts and had a skeletal horse shaped plush backpack on her back.

Val was right, she would be very easy to manipulate, but Velvette also made a good point, he still had no idea how she had injured him so badly and simultaneously healed him good as new, like it was absolutely nothing. Just who was she? Why did she look human? Why the hell was she so powerful and what was up with the freaking horse? Vox's grip accidentally tightened as he worked himself up into irritation and Dee let out a soft gasp of pain as his pointed nails dug into her.

"Ah, sorry about that Dee." Vox eased his grip and gently pulled her closer, to make sure he hadn't injured her.

"Eep!" Dee squeaked, her face reddening, "i-it's okay!" There were definitely punctures in her clothing but her sickly pale skin beneath was completely unscathed.