Chapter 7- Quality time

Uzi had taken them to an empty hallway where rooms were, giving them the few empty rooms they had left. J had to share with Lizzy, which she was pissed about and Khan, Nori and Thad had to get a small room since there wasn't any rooms big enough for three people to live comfortabley.

N had been following her around as she tried to find a room for him but most were being used for storage. Robotic parts were common and the storage unit had started to overflow so they used rooms. "Shit!" She stopped in her tracks as N stood next to her.

"You good Uzi?" He looked at her, concerned a bit. He checked his surroundings and moved closer to her, blushing a little bit.

"Sorry- uh- yeah I'm fine- there's just no empty rooms left for you." She sighed, maybe she could stick N with Lizzy and J?- No! Was she crazy? They would kill the poor drone. "I suppose there's space in my room." She blushed, embarrassed that she was sharing a room with N but she had to put up with it.

He blinked and smiled. "Uzi I can stay in the pod if you aren't comfortable with tha-"

"No no! It's fine N!" She interrupted him, why the hell would he wanna sleep in the pod!? It's dark and cramped inside. She rolled her eyes and groaned. "Just..follow me."

"Oh uh- ok!" He followed her closely as she led him towards another hall that had lots of noises. When they turned the corner all she could do was giggle from his gasps. N looked around in awe. Robot going left and right! It was like a highway! Or whatever humans called them- a highway for robots! He had never seen this many different types of drones before in his life!

"Pretty cool right?" Uzi nudged his arm jokingly and laughed. "Yeah I had the same reaction as you the first time."

"Pretty cool? No- this place is beyond cool! You've just been living in this robotic ship? Biscuits! That's honesty amazing." He smiled at her as she blushed and her eyes went hollow.

"O-ohh y-yeah..hehe..." She snapped out of it and walked towards the road. She noticed a service bot had blocked the path so a gap would open up soon. "Here, stay close." She grabbed his hand, sweating and embarrassed. She stood beside him waiting until finally the gap opened and she pulled him with her as she ran through.

The two made it to the next hallway where she opened a door and dragged him along with her, the door shutting behind him. They both walked in awkward silence as they held hands, neither looking at each other. Uzi finally stopped in front of a door, she scanned a code on a bracelet that N hadn't noticed until now. The door slid open and she pulled him inside. It was dark as the door shut. "Here let me just-" She gently pushed a button and the lights turned on. It was definitely similar to Uzi's room back on Copper 09 but this time it was bigger.

"Wow Uzi..your rooms uh- nice!" Curious to his new surroundings he'd most likely be living in for maybe the next few weeks, he began to look around the room as Uzi sat on her bed, immediately flopping onto her back, she was tired. She'd give them a tour in the morning.

A shock ran through her body as a symbol flashed on her visor. Her directive... She groaned as the red light shone on the ceiling every time it flashed. N looked over and his eyes went hollow with concern. "Uzi!" He rushed over to the worn out worker drone and sat beside her. He looked down at her visor and tried to understand what the symbol meant. She hit her visor and the symbol stopped showing up, her eye lights glitched back and showed a fed up tired expression. "You good Uzi?" N was staring down at her. She blinked and sat back up so she was somewhat eye level with him, despite being shorter.

"I'm fine-" She sighed. "You should get some rest, we'll do the tour when we wake up. I'll alert the other rooms of the change in plans." She walked out of the room as the door opened and shut once again.

N stayed still, sitting on the bed. Unsure of how long he would stay here. He had to go back to Copper 09 right? Uzi would come back with them! She had to! But she seems so at peace on this ship. Oh God, he didn't know what to do. Suddenly a knock came from the door.

N walked over and the sensor went off, opening the door. He was confused until he heard a beeping sound from below him. Glancing down he saw a small little white robot holding up some folded clothes. N reached down and picked them up as the robot suddenly sped off. He backed up as the door shut and walked over to the bed.

"Oh! A change of clothes for sleeping! Uzi must have sent the robot my way when she went to go tell the others of the new plans."

He got changed and placed his hat on a hook on the wall with his uniform folded up neatly below it. He was now wearing a soft and oversized black t shirt and shorts which were quite comfortable.

The door opened a bit later and Uzi re-entered the room, she had also changed, her folded sweatshirt and skirt in hand with her hat on top. She placed them down by N's folded uniform and removed her shoes and socks. "Well, time for your first night in space I guess-" She laughed a little as she sat on the bed by N.

"Yeah..uh, what's it like? Y'know, living in space?" Uzi blinked, confused by the question as N moved closer.

"Oh! Uh it's not really 'living' in space since I've only been here for a few weeks but it's kinda relaxing." She blushed and looked down as he got closer.

Happy with her answer, he climbed under the covers and moved over so she had plenty of room. She looked up and realized, joining him in her bed. She was quick to fall asleep while N struggled. He only ever slept outside and upside down before so this was new territory for him. He tried his best but it was genuinely difficult for the drone so he layed there unsure of how Uzi fell asleep so fast.

....

.....

......

He reached over and gently held her hand under the covers which helped calm his nerve a bit before finally falling into sleep mode.

----------
Word count-1,150
Sorry for the lazy writing, I wrote this chapter late at night.