006. joey is a human target

THE GOOSEBUMPS WIDELY spread across joey lilacs arms and neck as she stood in the basement of the mizpah hotel.

her mind spinning with everything all at once, and only set on the device in the middle of the room.

"it's so damn dark." colby mutters to himself while straightening his shoulders back.

"well yeah, that's the point fuckass." joey looks at him like he was stupid.

and in return, colby faced her with the utmost blank look on his face and a quick roll of his eyes.

"no, but like it's too dark i can't even see my hands." he scoffed looking around.

"he's right, i can't find the small light on the camera." sam stated as he ran his fingers across the camera base trying to find the button.

instead joey had held her hands out in safety as she smiles like a proud mother at her sons soccer game.

"don't worry guys, i've got us covered."

and with her high pitch words, she stomped her foot on the sandy ground only to have her sketchers light up in multicolore lights.

"sketchers bitch." she whispers in clear proud.

Colby's face, which typically wore a scowl when looking at her, was instead decorated with a broad grin that stretched from ear to ear, revealing a his straight set of teeth. That doesn't stop him from kissing his teeth with ridicule.

"when will you ever grow up joey lilac?" colby shook his head, his lips etching his face.

"when will you ever realize that im just more prepared than you colby brock?" she rallies right back at him hands on her hips.

"why do you guys have a comeback for everything!" sam yelps out loud.

Now in the current frame, the camera focuses on them standing the same positions as before. However, this time their presence is mode obvious since Sam had finally found the tiny light situated on the top of the lens, which brightens the surroundings and the people.

"if anyone is here with us could you please make an obvious sign." colby began speaking in general hoping there was an answer baxk.

"you could use our equipment, you can touch our flashlights, this ball behind him and the rem pod." joey then points to all the equipment.

"we want to communicate tell us your story." she continued her talk.

now there was quiet as the three waited, not daring to move.

nothing had happened so sam then decided to repeat what they had said.

"if your a bank robber or just a worker here, and you wanna talk with us.. let us know."

as soon as the words left his mouth the rem pod had began going off, slowly.

"that's was a yes." joey points in clear.

but it didn't end, the pod had kept going off this time more and more rapid.

"what the fuck?" colby crinkles his brows.

"is it broken.. are the batteries old?" sam raises a question with confusion.

"no i changed them this morning." joey informed him in truth.

Shrugging her shoulders as she looks around the room, "thank you!" the girl then declared to the apparent ghosts in the near them for their answer.

"so something wants to talk to us." colby speaks the obvious.