003. tulip covered pajamas

EVER SINCE THEIR FIRST meet sam and colby had been calling joey, tulip

it was a short nickname that made its quick appearances at times.

starting when colby had called her that the day that they met when he saw her in baggy tulip patterned pajamas; the name was sort of a way to get under her skin, and if 16 year old joey lilac hated anything more than clowns, it was that stupid nickname.

she hated how he said it, filled with so much detest and his face looking like he wanted to tease her.

when sam saw her hatred towards the name, he decided to stick to it too, knowing that if he began saying it, she would get used to it, and it would eventually grow on her.

and it did.

it just felt natural to call her it when she said some funny joke or if they tried to persuade her to do something.

the fans had caught onto it ever since their first few videos were uploaded, and it was funny seeing how some would love it, and some would say it was weird.

they didn't really care in the end. It all led back to those tulip-covered pajamas.

and there was joey lilac now, sitting on her couch at 8 pm wearing those same flower pajamas from 10 years ago.

her hand deep into a bag of chips as she rewatched marley & me for probably the 10th time on the big screen tv.

"are you joking?" colby brock's loud voice echoed in their living room as he saw the girl.

"again?" his question was said as if he was sick of it, yet in a split second, she felt the cushions next to her sink in, and the smell of his faint cologne hit her nose.

"i want a puppy." joey frowns mellowly softly while fixing her posture.

"this movie is so boring when you've watched it over a million times." colby whined, completely ignoring her statement.

"yet your here." she turns to face him.

"cant a man sit on his couch, in his own living room?" he expressed to her in sarcasm.

she rolled her eyes, a small smile written on her face as she faced the tv once again.

"when are these pajamas gonna become extinct?" colby asked, making her head snap back at him.

"don't act like you don't love the tulip pajamas." she scoffs in his face, placing a dorito in her mouth.

it was known that he liked them, and everyone in the house did; it made them feel like teenagers again meeting for the first time, not knowing what the future even had planned out.

"they're tacky." he quipped.

"they're cute." she retorts.

"they're childish." he couldn't help but grin, taking a look at how they were tighter now on her chest area and around her waist.