Forever raining

TW!!:
mention of ODing

It was raining the day the accident happened, Quackity remembers it almost everyday, being scared of the storm and his lover had gone out to get him food, not returning for hours, wasn't until 1AM the next morning, he would receive the call that would basically change his life.

...

Quackity sat on his couch, huddled into a blanket that Schlatt had gotten him for his birthday. Speaking of Schlatt. Quackity sat up for a moment, looking at his phone, it's been two hours since Schlatt left, getting food shouldn't take two hours. Quackity sat back on the couch, unlocking his phone and going to their messages, texting Schlatt.

'Honey? Is everything okay. It's been a while. Text me back when you can. Please. I'm really starting to worry.'
                                                          Delivered 11:09

Quackity set his phone down next to him on the couch and looked out the window of their bedroom, worry filling his head and his heart. He turned to the bedside table, grabbing the remote to the TV and turning it on so that he had something to keep him awake until Schlatt got home.

Quackity continued to check his phone every 5 minutes, still not receiving any indication if Schlatt was okay or not and it tore at his heart. He sighed as he texted Schlatt again, his hands shaking.

'Honey please. Please when you see this. Please text me.'
                                                         Delivered 12:30

Quackity stared at the messages, his thumb hovering over the call button before he pressed it. It rang, but no one answered. He called again, but still no answer. He called him about five more times and still no one answered. Quackity's heart sank and his mind raced to the worse possibilities he could think. He scrolled through their text messages, trying to get his thoughts to slow down so his heart could as well. What would he do without Schlatt? He doesn't know and he hopes that he doesn't have to find out. Quackity sat his phone down on the couch, closing his eyes as he put the blanket over his head.

Quackity wasn't paying attention until his phone rang, looking up at it quickly, picking up the phone and answering it;

"Hello?." Quackity spoke quickly, holding his breath, waiting for the other person to talk.

"Hi hello? Is this Quackity?." The person on the phone sounded young and female. Quackity closed his eyes for a moment, taking a breath before he spoke.

"Yeah?...yeah that's me."

The lady on the other side began to speak again "uhm..I'm so sorry to have to be the one to tell you this but you were the only person in the contact list. Uhm..earlier today, Schlatt? Is that his name?."

"Yeah yeah that's his name.." Quackity felt tears forming in his eyes, he tired to stay hopeful, but it wasn't looking out to be anything good and god that's what Quackity has feared this whole time.

"He got into a reck earlier tonight , uhm..the ambulance tried to get him to the hospital as fast as they could but he died on the way there.."

...

Schlatt had gone to get Quackity the food that he told him he wanted. Even though he knew the storm outside was bad, Quackity didn't want him to go, begging him at first to not go. That he could wait for the storm to die down, but when Schlatt persisted with it, Quackity gave in, only replying with 'Breakfast.' And when Schlatt asked what exactly he meant by that, Quackity shook his head, laughing a little "just get me whatever." And then they both said 'I love you' and Schlatt was out the door, being the last time Quackity would see him, ever.

It has stopped raining for a little as he drove there, making it decently to the restaurant, being able to get inside, and get Quackity what he asked for. As soon as he walked out of the restaurant and got into his car that's when it began raining again. Schlatt sighed as he turned on the windshield wipers, starting the car and beginning to ride home.

Schlatt had turned on the radio so that he could keep himself aware of everything. There was a couple times that Schlatt had almost lost control, the rain making it hard for him to drive.

The final time that he lost control he swerved into the left lane, not being able to fully see because of the rain and having to have his wipers on full. He could hear the horns of cars that were trying to swerve around him. Eventually he slid till he could slide no more, being because he had hit another car straight on, his head hitting the steering wheel, knocking him back against his seat, blood and glass around and on him. He wasn't conscious.

People from other cars had gotten out of go run over to the accident, people had called the police as the ran up to the cars.

Eventually the ambulance and cops cars came, sirens filing the air along with their lights flashing. They pulled Schlatt out of the car, realizing that he was the only one alive, they hurried as they got him onto the stretcher, rolling him into the ambulance as they closed the door. They began to check his vitals and make sure he was at least gonna make it to the hospital. He was. At least that's what they thought.

During the drive to the hospital, they had to be decently careful as the storm continued to blow around them.

They had just crossed over to the last street before they got to the hospital. As they pulled up to the tracks they realized they were too late, the lights and the side polls began to flash and go down, stopping them from crossing as Schlatt stayed in the ambulance, his blood pressure dropping as well as his heart rate. He couldn't feel anything other than the life that he once had start to drain from his body.

Even though he was unconscious, he could ear the train leave just as he took his last breath. His heart rate dropping to zero.

...

That's when the phone dropped and hit the floor, a scream of 'no'  echoing through the house and Quackity falling to his knees soon after, tears falling down his cheeks as he sobbed. The words 'dead' echoed in his head.

Quackity stayed on the floor, curled up in the blanket that Schlatt got him. He knew that he wasn't just imagining the worst and that the worst was gonna happen. He began to slowly get up, tear stained cheeks as he made his way to the couch again, his body slow. Everything felt so wrong.

His world slowly began to collapse.

...

The day Quackity was found OD'd on his couch, pills spilled on the ground and him clutching a picture of his lover, was another rainy day. There was no note, no nothing. Just Quackity OD'd on the couch. Quackity couldn't do it without Schlatt, he knew he couldn't. His life was be over. forever raining in a darkness that he couldn't fix.

He truly loved Schlatt and all that mattered to him was that they were together again. Happy.

-uhm hopefully this one was okay. I liked it. Not sorry for the sadness though. Anyways. I'm over writers block. At least for a little bit. 🤷

-Toby