Kabir looked at her, "Ab kya khana hai bata. I will make it for you... subah se kuch nahi khaya tune except for your nails," he said sarcastically.

Kritika huffed, "Biryani?"

Kabir smiled and nodded, "I will make it but it will take time. Tab tak kuch aur..."

"Chips kha lungi tab tak... aaj sirf biryani toosna hai mujhe bas."

Kabir nodded, "I will bring it tab tak tu jaa room mai and rest. Subah 7 baje se uthi hai all nervous and I am sure neend bhi acchi nahi hui hogi... right?"

Kritika gave him a sheepishy look and stood up, "Aapko restaurant nahi jana aaj?"

Kabir shook his head and stood up, "Rajveer will take care of it for today. I am going to spend the whole day with my daughter... and son."

Kritika squealed happily and left, while Kabir went to make his princess's favorite Biryani. It wasn't that he never spent time with his kids; it was just rare for a few months during the wedding season when he had a packed schedule. So, even now though the wedding season was ongoing, he was still taking a break for his kids, which was enough for Kritika!!!

After some time, Kabir entered Kritika's room with food and frowned upon seeing her buried inside a book, writing something. He made his way towards her study desk and peeked in; she was so engrossed in whatever she was doing that she didn't even realize that he sat beside her, pulling the other chair, nor did she hear the sound of the plate that he kept on the side table.

He sighed and gently tapped her shoulder, making her gasp and jump out of fear.

"Papa! dara diya na mujhe," Kritika exclaimed, keeping her hand on her heart.

Kabir shook his head, "Kya kar rahi thi? Jo main kab aya tujhe pata bhi nahi chala."

Kritika shrugged, showing him her work, "Apni punishment puri kar rahi thi. Aapne bola tha na aaj raat se pehle aapko report chaiye thi so..."

Kabir looked at the written pages in disbelief, "You wrote them all... like bina internet ke... how?"

Kritika leaned back on the chair, "Aree Payal hai na... I asked her to find the topic and give the printout of it... ussne mujhe kal sham mein diye the. Abhi sirf 20 pages hue hain... aur bahut baki hai. But I swear I will complete it, I am least interested in sitting in that stupid corner and doing this work like a toddler... which I am not," she huffed.

Kabir looked at his firstborn. Now what does he have to say? Or what is left to say? Sometimes he really thanks God for blessing him with such obedient kids, but then another part of his heart wishes to see them behave like every other children of their age... like a brat, maybe? Especially his daughter. Kritika was just ten when Kavya... her mother and his wife died! Somewhere losing her affected Kritika the most; he has seen his kid becoming mature and understanding before her age. She was still the mischief-maker, she was still the innocent kid of his, she was still the brat he raised, yet something was amiss, and he knew it better than anyone else!!!

Kritika shook him, breaking his thoughts, "Kya soch rahe ho aap? Don't tell me ki aap mujhe tourcher karne ke aur naye naye tricks soch rahe ho. Dekho, I promise yeh aaj raat tak ho jayega bas apni baat pe..." she trailed off as Kabir stopped her rant with a whack on her head.

"Kitna bolti hai tu...thak nahi jati?" Kabir said annoyed and took the plate, "Chal ab kha chup chap," he said, feeding her a spoonful of Biryani.

"Kaisi bani hai?"

Kritika smiled widely, "The best! Aapke haath ki Biryani ki taraf karne ke words bhi nahi rahte mere paas."

Kabir shook his head and continued feeding her. He was used to her dramas!