Chapter 6: Preparation

"So then it's war," King Rhoam said numbly. "Link! Prepare the soldiers for battle! Champions! Go to your villages and prepare them. Impa! Take the outskirt villagers to Hateno and Kakariko village! And Zelda, come with me." He said.

Link spared with his two lieutenants, dodging strikes and parrying them. Parker managed to knock his sword out of his hand. "Nice." Link grunted. Parker wiped a brow of sweat off his forehead.

Link jerked around him, grabbed Parkers sword, and kicked him to the ground, pressing the wooden blade to his throat. "Never, and I mean, NEVER underestimate your enemy, Parker. Even if you have them on the ground." He said.

Parker scrambled up. "Yes Master Link," He said, saluting him.

Link rolled his eyes and turned to the other 200 soldiers sparring. "Attention!" He yelled.

They all stopped and turned to him. "We have 2 days to train! And you better be perfect! We must fight for our kingdom!" He lifted his sword up. And the others did the same, cheering.

"Back to work!" He yelled. And the clinging of swords started all over again.

Impa stood on the mountain, hat down. Watching.

The hundreds of villagers were storming into Kakariko and Hateno village. There still wasn't enough space for all of them. She jumped off the cliff, gliding towards Kakariko.

"Attention! I need 50 women to volunteer to go to Gerudo town!" She yelled. It didn't take a while before 50 came by her side.

She took out her sheikah slate and clicked the Gerudo tower. "You know where Gerudo town is, Vai. Savorq." She said in Gerudo.

She clicked Hateno village this time e and appeared before them. "Alright! What about Zora's Domain?"

Zelda followed with her father to the throne room. "Why are we here, Father?" She asked. "You'll see." Was all he said, walking up to the throne.

Zelda sat on her father's lap on the throne, reading a book about Hyrule.

"Daddy, who is that?" She asked, pointing to a sketch of a man wearing a green cap with a green top, holding a sword high.

Her father chuckled. "That my dear is the hero of sky. He was only a normal boy, but a great evil came, and he sacrificed everything to save the woman he loved."

Zelda gasped. "Woooow, I wanna marry him!" She said excitedly.

The King laughed. "I'm afraid he's long gone, Zelda," He said.

"I wanna marry someone that's like him then!" She said, crossing her arms stubbornly.

"Perhaps you will," He said.

"Yes, I will!" She said, yawning and snuggling in his arms.

Zelda opened her eyes and stumbled, grasping the wall for support. "Are you alright?" He asked, turning his head. "I'm fine." She coughed.

He turned back to the throne and tapped it 3 times, then he placed his hand against the seat.

The throne rumbled for a second before it moved aside, exposing a narrow staircase. "Follow me." He commanded. Zelda nodded and slowly walked down it.

It led to a stone wall with a carved handprint in the middle.

King Rhoam stepped aside. "For the goddess child," He said.

Zelda sucked in a breath and put her hand on the handprint, and waited.

It almost immediately slid upward. There was a blinding light, and Zelda gasped

"What is that?" She asked, looking at it in awe.

"Dear daughter, there is something I need to tell you."