22 : focus on being close to me

Start from the beginning

This whole week without him wasn't easy for me and I've missed him more than words can express.

We kiss like two souls on the verge of losing everything.

Our tongues intertwine, teeth gently grazing, and the sensation of our lips sucking on one another is intoxicating.

Our kiss is mad and noisy in the silent balcony, the cold breeze brushing against us. I don't feel it's chills as the warmth of his body doesn't allow me too.

When it feels like we're both running out of breath, we reluctantly pull away.

Our foreheads pressed together and noses caressing one another.

My breathing comes out charged and heavy matching his, as I try to breathe through my mouth. Rahil's mouth mirrors my own, our chests rising and falling in perfect rhythm.

He captures my lips again in a quick sucking, that leaves me longing for more.

As he pulls away with a noisy smooch, his lips appear slightly swollen, a delicate pink mark adorning the outer edges.

He closes his eyes, grazing his nose against mine, and I can't help but gaze at him.

"I'm sorry," I whisper and he opens his eyes, meeting my gaze.

"For what?" he breathes out.

"For behaving that way with you a week ago, for saying those hurtful words that I didn't mean," I confess, my voice filled with remorse.

He shakes his head, his forehead and nose still pressed against mine.

"No, it's okay," he reassures me.

" I realised that I was actually being too clingy," his eyes closed once again as he continues grazing his nose against mine.

My chin wobbles, and I instinctively bite my lower lip, trying to hold back the sob that threatens to escape.

Shaking my head, I lean into his touch.

"No," I whisper, my voice quivering.

"You weren't clingy at all. In fact, you're the sweetest person I've ever known, Rahil. And I truly didn't mean any of those words I said."

Pausing for a few seconds, I take a deep breath, mustering up the courage.

"There was a reason why I acted that way," I say, my voice filled with vulnerability.

It's okay, Ayezah. Relax. Rahil will not judge you. He's your husband and he loves you. You have to trust him.

Rahil frowns slightly and pulls back, his eyes filled with concern. I gather all my strength and decide to tell him everything, holding nothing back.

"You know your new business partner, right?"

" Ms. smith? " Rahil asks and I nod.

"What about her?" He frowns.

"When I first saw her at the party, I had this strange feeling that she was somehow familiar," I continue, my voice filled with unease.

" And then, when you left me alone with her, she somehow managed to manipulate me with her words and forcefully took me to the rooftop..." I recount every detail of that fateful night, telling him literally everything.

Rahil listens attentively, his face reflecting a range of emotions—disbelief, concern, surprise, and even anger. But none of it is directed towards me. Not once does judgment cross his face.

After I finished speaking, tears started to stream down my face and I bite my lower lip.

"I'm so sorry, Rahil. I'm sorry for being such a coward. I didn't share all of this with you because I was afraid of losing you. It's not that I don't trust you. I do. I trust you more than myself, it's that I don't trust that psycho, Rose." My voice trembles badly.

" Heyy, stop apologising it's not your fault okay?" Rahil's voice is filled with reassurance.

With utter tenderness, he cradle my cheeks, using his thumb pad to gently wipe away my tears.

" But what if she tries to harm you? what am I gonna do? " I manage to ask between my sobs.

He wraps his arms securely around my waist, and pull me to his chest. We still remain in the kneeling position.

"I promise, nothing will happen to me as long as you're by my side." Sniffling, I fist my palm tightly on his shirt, near his heart and bury my face into his chest.

"So don't worry about anyone else and just be with me. I promise, I'll be fine." He pulled me even closer, my head resting against his chest.

Eventually, I calmed down and pulled back slightly, my voice still shaky and hoarse due to crying.

"What are we going to do about her?" I hiccuped.

"Don't worry about her. She'll be taken care of." he assures me, determination evident in his voice.

"She had the audacity to threaten my wife and try to take you away from me. She'll face the consequences." He sounds seriously furious now.

" I'll talk to Addin about it. We make a great team when it comes to handling situations like this."

His words brought a sense of relief, as I had also planned to talk to Addin.

" you know you should stop thinking about all this and just focus on being close to me." He dips his head down near my mouth, and I can't help the smile that forms on my lips.

My heart flutters badly when he seals our lips together in a soft kiss.

and in that moment, I knew that everything would be somehow alright.

________________________________
Thanks for reading <3 please don't forget to vote, comment your reviews and do share my book with your reader friends. I love you all 🫶🏻

Target for the next Chp : 470 votes and 150 comments