I shook my head no.

"It's the twins birthday today so we are having a BBQ. That's why I'm doing my work from my home office. I'm sure she meant to tell you. Your call was just unexpected so I'm sure it slipped her mind at that moment."

"Yea probably so. Who are the twins if you don't mind me asking?"

"Your brother Andrew and your sister Anna."

"Oh, I knew I had siblings. I just didn't know that she kept in contact with them." I said as I felt a pain in my heart. Why did she want to keep in contact with them and not me? Why was I not so special?

"It's not how you are thinking. Your mom's mother kept them so she was able to see them. Your father had you so she wasn't able to find you as easily. Trust me, she loves you just as much as your siblings."

"How do you know that?"

"Because she talks about you all the time. About how much she missed you and how much she wanted to find you and make things right."

"Well why didn't she ever try to find me?" I asked, finding myself becoming upset.

"She did. But once she saw you were doing so good she didn't want to ruin your life."

"She could have ruined my life?"

"I think that is something she will have to talk to you about. I have to get going before I am late for this conference call. If you need something, just let me know. I'm right down the hall." Jermaine said as he walked out of the room.

I sighed and took out my vibrating phone, seeing my Jermaine's name pop on the screen. I pressed ignore once again sending him to voicemail.

A minute late the voicemail icon popped up and I debated for a few seconds on if I wanted to listen to it.

"Might as well." I said to myself finally giving in.

'April I don't know what I did but please answer my calls baby. You have me worried. I stopped by your house again but I didn't see your car. I hope you are alright. I was trying to see you before I went to my family's get together. I will be gone for the night so hopefully we can get together tomorrow and talk out whatever it is I did wrong. I'm sorry for whatever it was I did, just please call me back baby. I love you and our baby April. I really do.'

I pressed '7' deleting the message like I had done the others he left.

Maybe I should just call him to talk it out. It was a little childish to keep ignoring him without him knowing why.

I was in the process of calling him back when I heard the front door open and a group of people talking as they walked through the house.

I sat there listening to them as I became extremely nervous.

"I don't know what is wrong with the name Umuniqueka. I think it's cute." I heard a girl's voice say as she walked closer to where I was.

"Now you know that name is ghetto as hell. I wish you would name my niece that bullshit." A guy said.

The girl walked by the den I was sitting in glancing at me slightly. "What's up Amber." She said as she kept walking before turning back around looking at me.

"Wait, your not Amber. April?"

I nodded my head. "Hi?" I said nervously as it came out more as a question. She ran up to me and hugged me.

"Oh my goodness! Everybody come here quick!" She yelled while still hugging me.

"Ugh what is it now Anna, and who car is that out front?" I heard a male voice ask as he walked into the room with two other people behind him.