Saturn

Terran Union 1.4 extends the Dyson conic sections and solar energy streams to Saturn.

Spaceship technology advances with each extension of the Terran Union further from the sun bringing faster and larger vessels into service to the expansion of solar system settlement.

Travel within the inner solar system is suited to the more primitive rocket technology while travel to the outer solar system involves greater distances requiring more advanced technology.

Although public attention is invariably on more exotic exploration to the distant cosmos, the more everyday wonders of solar system expansion have its practicality. 

NASA's content is a major contributor to this chapter and my content here is similar to the previous chapter since the future effort with Saturn will be similar.

One difference in NASA's description of Saturn is the absence of radiation pouring out of Saturn the way that radiation is showered on Jupiter's moons.

That suggests that moons selected for settlement don't require the same radiation protection.

Saturn overview

Imagine you wish to start an industrial resource creation processing business just like the businesses constructed at the Jupiter orbital platform and you had information like what NASA compiled by 2024, how would you design your business?

Saturn is the sixth planet from the Sun and the second largest planet in our solar system. Adorned with a dazzling system of icy rings, Saturn is unique among the planets.

With an equatorial diameter of about 74,897 miles (120,500 kilometers), Saturn is 9 times wider than Earth. If Earth were the size of a nickel, Saturn would be about as big as a volleyball.

Like fellow gas giant Jupiter, Saturn is a massive ball made mostly of hydrogen and helium. Saturn is not the only planet to have rings, but none are as spectacular or as complex as Saturn's. Saturn also has dozens of moons.

From the jets of water that spray from Saturn's moon Enceladus to the methane lakes on smoggy Titan, the Saturn system is a rich source of scientific discovery and still holds many mysteries.

From an average distance of 886 million miles (1.4 billion kilometers), Saturn is 9.5 astronomical units away from the Sun. One astronomical unit (abbreviated as AU) is the distance from the Sun to Earth. From this distance, it takes sunlight 80 minutes to travel from the Sun to Saturn.

Saturn has the second-shortest day in the solar system. One day on Saturn takes only 10.7 hours (the time it takes for Saturn to rotate or spin around once), and Saturn makes a complete orbit around the Sun (a year in Saturnian time) in about 29.4 Earth years (10,756 Earth days).Its axis is tilted by 26.73 degrees with respect to its orbit around the Sun, which is similar to Earth's 23.5-degree tilt. This means that, like Earth, Saturn experiences seasons.

 This means that, like Earth, Saturn experiences seasons