Chapter : 26 - Sweet khane ki farmaish

Start from the beginning

"It's the first time that someone is interested in knowing my preferences," Aziz said, lowering his gaze and a small smile appearing on his beautiful face.

I leaned my head on my hands and just looked at his lowered gaze. His hair was literally flowing because of the fresh air; I wanted to ruffle it, but I restrained myself, waiting for him to answer. But it seemed like Shahjahan was lost in other thoughts, not even looking up at me.

"Are you going to tell me or not, Nader?" I asked sternly.
Finally, he looked up and locked his ocean eyes with mine.

"Do you really want to know about my likes, Uns?" he asked, doubtfully.

"Yes, Nader," I replied calmly, maintaining eye contact with him.

"No one has ever asked about my likes, before?" he said, smiling at his own remark.

"But now there's someone who wants to know you, Nader," I said, giving him a warm smile.

"So which sweet do you like the most?" I started the conversation again, not getting any response from Aziz initially.

"I like all kinds of sweets, Uns, but the one I can't live without is Badam Ka Halwa. I'm literally addicted to it," he replied.

Wow, that's exactly what I needed to hear—Badam Ka Halwa. I don't understand why our tastes are so different.

"Really, Badam Ka Halwa?" I said, listening to him.

"I like that sweet so much that I took cooking classes from Ammi to learn it," He said, which made him burst into even more laughter.

"So, you know how to cook?" I asked, shocked to learn this.

"Yes, of course, madam. What do you think, your Aziz doesn’t know how to cook?" he said, giving me his mischievous smile.

"Well, no worries then, you can do the cooking," I said, taking a relieved breath.

"What?" he asked, not believing my words.

"Why, can't you cook for me?" I asked back sternly.

"For you, Aziz Nader could even become a chef," he said proudly, flipping his hair.

"Okay then, what will be the first dish you cook for me?" I asked him.

"The same one I love—Badam Ka Halwa," Aziz replied instantly.

"If I eat that, I’ll faint, Nader," I said, lowering my gaze from him.

"Why? My cooking isn’t that bad, Uns," he said, trying to defend his cooking skills.

I laughed at his response and then said, "It’s not like that, Nader. I'm allergic to almonds," I said, now looking at him.

"You're allergic to almonds too—"

"What do you mean by 'almonds too', Nader?" I cut him off.

"I... I mean, how can someone whose eyes resemble almonds be allergic to them?" he said, trying to control his stuttering.

Why does he stutter in front of me? He's absolutely crazy, but a cute kind of crazy.

"Okay, okay, relax why are you stuttering, Nader? I just asked a normal question," I said, now holding back my laughter, seeing Aziz Nader stutter for me is something cute.

"Your Badam Ka Halwa isn't on the menu, so what should I order now?" I asked Aziz, searching for his favorite halwa.

He made a cute pout upon hearing this, and here I am, controlling my crazy heartbeat, begging for it not to explode in front of his cuteness.