Chapter 135 Shocking News

"First of all, those who register for the competition must have reached the seventh level in their basic elemental cultivation. This is the minimum requirement to be eligible for taking the Foundation Building Pill. Secondly, the age of the registrants must be under forty. Even those over forty shouldn't try to deceive the registration officials, as they will use bone-viewing techniques to determine the true age of each registrant."

"As long as you meet these two conditions, anyone can register, without any other restrictions! However, this has made the competition even more brutal!"

"Do you think it's normal to have so many people here in the Tainan Valley right now? Most of them are actually here for the Ascension Summit. You see, our Tainan Assembly used to be just a local trade fair for young cultivators in Lan Prefecture. In the past, there were only a few hundred people attending! But now, as you can see, there are over a thousand people gathered here, and as the final days approach, even more people from farther away will come. That's when the peak of the Tainan Assembly's trading activities will occur."

"The reason why these people come to our Tainan Valley first to attend the assembly is twofold. On one hand, they want to exchange for some needed items, and on the other hand, they want to seize the opportunity to observe their opponents in the Ascension Summit in advance, so as to be better prepared!"

"Think about it, the powerful experts who have reached the eleventh level I saw in the valley, are they also here for the Ascension Summit? If that's the case, what about the others? Isn't it suicide for those with lower levels to compete?"

"That's not necessarily the case. Who says higher-level cultivators always win against lower-level ones? If a weaker cultivator uses some powerful talismans or carries some formidable treasures with them, they can still defeat someone with higher cultivation base."

"That's right, what Black Gold Brother said makes sense. In our battles as cultivators, the depth of our cultivation isn't the only factor. What matters more is the power and flexibility of the spells we master, as well as the strength of the artifacts we possess!"

"Black Gold Brother, you're right on point. Otherwise, there would be no need for the Ascension Summit. Everyone could just compare their cultivation bases and call it a day!"

"After hearing Black Gold and Senior Sister Hu's words, Brother Wu and I are also puzzled. Talented individuals who have reached the eleventh level. Why would they risk their lives on the platform?"

"I remember witnessing the last summit's battles myself. Just thinking about it still gives me the chills. And my husband and I have decided not to participate in the competition this time. We just plan to watch and spend the rest of our lives in the Foundation Establishment stage. But since you still have ambitions, I'll tell you a little more about the brutal aspects of the competition, so you won't die in ignorance."