The Sleepover Night

Chapter 6

Ekam's pov
What was I doing !!! Control yourself Ekam ,nahi to esa na ho ki love story shuru hone se pehle hi khatam ho jaye . I thought to myself as I walked towards the door to open it only to reveal our friends .

" Oh my God!! This is so dreamy " Tanvi said as soon as she entered the house .

" Yeah ! These fairy lights , comfy blankets and popcorn on top of it " Simran said grabbing one of the popcorn bowl.

" You are such a bhukkad simran " I mocked her

" Haha as if you are not " Simran said eyeing me

" Stop fighting " Nehmat said as she entered the living area

" He started " Simran complained

"Nehmat you know na I don't fight " I said looking over at her
She glanced at me and simran one by one

" No Nehmat don't believe him " Simran said

" Nehmat , you know what these two are not going to stop fighting once they start . You are stuck now " Tanvi said

Nehmat nodded knowingly

" Okay fine , I know who started it " Nehmat said looking at me . I shook my head in denial but she nodded in a yes .

" Its Ekam " She said

" Yes! You are right " simran said smiling at her

" Okay okay now let's not waste more time as simran has already wasted much " I said moving towards the seatings.

" Ekam !! " I heard simran shout

" Now don't start again " Aarav said before I could say anything else.

" You guys settle down , I'll be back in a minute " Nehmat excused herself and went to her room.

-----

" Where is Nehmat ? " Tanvi spoke

" I'll go and see " I said and walked up to her room and raised my hand to knock before entering .

Nehmat's pov

" I also miss you all " I said as talked to my nani .
" After mom- dad you and Nanu have taken care of me like your own otherwise chachu had-- "
as tears started forming in my eyes blurring my vision.

"No don't cry beta ... everything will be fine . And we did not do a favor . Tum hamari apni hi to , meri bachi " Nani said lovingly

" To kab aa rahi ho hamse Milne " She asked

" Nani.. I'll not be able to come anytime soon . It will be possible only in vacations " I spoke and she nodded

" Nani, actually my friends are here so I need to go ,bye ! " I added as I could not hold my tears and would cry anytime

" Bye ! Take care " she said .

Tears started to flow as soon as the call ended but I gathered myself , wiping them and got up to go outside , plastering a smile on my face . I turned back only to see Ekam standing beside the door . Had he heard everything . I thought as he approached me .

"What are you doing here ? You should be outside " I questioned

" I came to give you something " He said forwarding a white rose which made my lips curve into a smile . Real smile.

" Why do you always give me white rose"

"I got to know that Someone likes white roses and that makes her smile too , so why not !" He answered making me smile wider .

" Thank you " I said

"Do you have some extra stock of thank you and sorry . No need to be so formal" He said

" Sorry "
He looked at me with an unbelievable look

" Okay fine ! I won't say , Now let's go " I said as we started to go out but he stopped in between.

" What happened?" I asked him

" Is this you?" He spoke looking at my childhood picture on the wall .
I nodded
" Its of when I was 2 year old " I answered

" You looked like an aloo but cute " He said jokingly while looking at me.

I passed him a glare to which he immediately said " I am sorry , I didn't mean- "
I broke into laughter as I saw his face . So innocent .

" Its okay I know I looked like that " I answered

" But now you look different " He spoke

" Different as in? " I questioned
He stepped forward looking intensely at me as I moved back a step .

" Beautiful " He spoke looking into my eyes . Those brown eyes of his . Our trance broke by Tanvi's voice who called us to come outside for the game . I looked away shyly and he scratched the back of his neck, his head hung down .

"I think we should go , before the game ends " he said . I hummed as we moved to the living area and we all settled .

Time skip

" Dare ! " Ekam said as the bottle stopped in his direction

" Play a new melody on the spot on your guitar " Aarav spoke

" Now! I mean I don't have my guitar right now, its in the car " Ekam answered as he started to get up to get it

"Wait!" I said going to my room leaving everyone confused

I came back with a guitar in my hand only to face their questioning eyes .

" Actually ! I was fond of playing it while I was a kid so my dad bought me this on my 15 th birthday , but...I-I never learned to play it " I responded gazing at my feet as if they were the most interesting thing on this planet

" Okay but you didn't need to explain so much " Ekam spoke making me look at him.How does he understand me everytime. I sat down and he began to play a really soothing melody . It was as if a cure to everything . Just pure peace .

" Wow! It was beautiful " Tanvi complimented him.

" Yeah truly " I said looking at him and immediately looking away .

" So now its movie time ! " Simran announced as she approached to put the movie " Jab we met " .

Ekam's pov

The movie was halfway completed when I felt something on my shoulder . I turned in the direction only to find Nehmat peacefully sleeping on my shoulder . She looked like a small baby while sleeping . Really cute . I thought of taking a picture of her to keep with me but decided against it as it would not be right to take picture with her permission . I caressed her head slightly , tucking her loose hair strands behind her ear that disturbed her sleep and my view . Pure innocence .

I heard Aarav clear his throat as he stood behind me .

" Continue what you are doing unless you want Tanvi and simran to know about your feelings for her because its quite evident " He spoke patting my back and going towards the kitchen maybe to get water .

I immediately withdrew my hand from her hair and tapped her shoulder lightly to wake her up even though I didn't want to and moreover she might get neck pain if she remained like that.

Follow @ dreamyxwrites on Instagram

With love

Reet