[022]~ 𝐼 𝒲𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝐻𝑒𝓁𝓅 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒮𝓌𝒾𝓂

James made his way into the ancient runes classroom and over to Lily and Odessa's table. "Afternoon, Lily Flower. How's your day going?" He greeted, leaning against the table.

Lily rolled her eyes. "Besides this morning's stunt? It wasn't bad until now."

"So now's not the best time to ask you out?"

"No, not particularly." She agreed. She left, making her way to sit with Alice.

James and Odessa watched her leave. "She let you down rather gently. I think you are making progress."

James continued to watch the redhead. "Seems she thinks I had a part in that stunt." He noted aloud.

"Did you not?" Odessa asked, shifting in her seat.

James shifted his lovelorn gaze over to the blonde. Despite her energetic attitude, he could tell she was tired. He slid into Lily's seat. "My dear prison princess, should I even bother to ask if you were involved?"

"Involved?" She asked, trying not to cringe too hard at the strange nickname he gave her. She looked around, hoping someone would help her out of the conversation she knew was imminent.

He squinted his eyes, trying to figure it out on his own. "How'd you do it?"

"Do what?" She looked away.

"Enough of that. I saw Pad's brother interrogating you. Did you spike everything?" He pressed.

She sighed. "We made a babbling beverage and tampered with the drinks." She confessed.

"We? Who's we?"
She buried her nose in her book, hiding from the answer.
"Fine, fine I get it." He held up his hand in defence. "But this means you've gotta help us with next week's stunt."

That got her attention. "You're pulling another stunt? Were you four not in a months detention?"

"Only three more days." He shrugged. "You're in on it, or- wait hold on. I thought you were right shit at potions."

"Right, thank you James." She rolled her eyes. "Go sit. Class is starting and I'm sure Lily would like her seat back."

"But what if I want to sit here today?" He asked smugly.

"Is that a genuine question?" Lily asked from behind him. "You can't just steal my runes partner, Potter. Scatter." She shooed him.

James and Odessa shared a look. Lily was not as against his company as usual. That certainly marked progress.

"What was that buffoon taking to you about?" She joked as she slid into her seat, "Flirting again?"

Odessa sighed. She didn't feel like having a talking to from the Gryffindor by her side. She would rather Lily thought they were flirting over her knowing it was Odessa who spiked breakfast. "Yes, something like that."

"Really?" She asked, suspiciously intrigued. "Would you give him a chance?" She asked shyly.

Odessa couldn't hold back her smile.
In a way, James was successfully using her to make Lily jealous. But she didn't mind. "I do not know. I think you would make a better match with him." She offered nonchalantly.