02

*7 years ago*

The sky was gray.

A perfect comparison for Luke's mood.

It had just been a pretty bad day all around. He had gotten up late for school and had to walk since he missed the bus. He forgotten to turn in a major assignment for one of his classes and had to work his ass off to make it up.
Plus he was feeling pretty beaten down. So the blonde took comfort in the fact that he was finally able to go home.

Luke absentmindedly kicked a few rocks with his foot, his hands stuffed deep into his pockets to keep from getting cold. The most depressing thing about this whole situation was that he was wearing clothes he wasn't comfortable in.

He had been relentlessly teased because his wardrobe was classified as being "girly." Other people in his school were, for some reason, bothered because he enjoyed wearing leggings and oversized sweaters.

Luke had decided to start hiding himself when some boys got a hold of his favorite flower crown, shredding it to pieces. He just wanted to be left alone and happy, but the world was cruel and unfair. The fragile boy was absolutely terrified of his tormentors, so he now wore blue skinny jeans and name brand tees. Something terribly out of his liking.

Luke accidentally stumbled on the horribly uneven sidewalk, scraping his palms on the rough cement. He was about to jump up when a voice made him freeze.

"Aww did little Luke fall down?" A terribly familiar voice cooed. Snickers sounded after the words, obviously enjoying the teasing.

Luke slowly stood up, trying not to look at the 3 guys and started walking again. His small hands were shaking as they curled into fists. Why didn't people just leave him alone?

"Hey! We were talking to you! Come back!" The voice demanded again. Already, tears pricked behind Luke's eyes. He picked up his pace, hoping the people would just leave him alone.

But the world is a cruel place.

Shoes pounded against the sidewalk and quickly caught up to the blonde boy. Before he could run, a hand yanked back on his shirt, causing him to choke.

"Why aren't you wearing your princess outfit today? Finally decided to stop being a fäg?"

Luke squeezed his eyes shut as he was slammed against a brick wall. He really really didn't want to cry in front of these guys, but he was so scared.

A hand came flying across his pale cheeks, followed by a knee into his stomach. Luke yelped and doubled over in pain, wanting nothing more than to be wiped off the face of the earth.

"Answer when I talk to you!"

Luke bit down hard on his lip to keep the sobs from escaping his throat, even though years were already falling. "Stop it!" He choked.

"Now that's more like it!" A foot slammed into Luke's shin, making him fall onto one of his knees. His entire body was trembling, the air seemingly cold and in comforting.

Luke was just about to give up his fight and start screaming, but a sound diverted his attention. His eyes snapped up to see a boy, a stranger, standing in between him and his bullies.

The stranger grabbed the first guys collar, surprisingly strong for an 11 year old. "I'll give you 5 seconds to run or you're dead." He hissed before roughly shoving the other kid away.

All three attackers sprinted off in the opposite direction, not wanting to mess with the mystery boy.

When Luke's savior finally turned around, the blonde was instantly captivated by his brilliant green eyes. The boy stretched his hand out to Luke, who took it without hesitation.