A Word That Rhymes With Witch

Start from the beginning

The air between us seemed to grow with tension, "Only that you knew Luca was undercover and leading us straight into a trap." 

"What?" Victor's hands tightened on me as he turned his attention toward Eris, "What is she talking about? You told me she would be safe—" Eris held up her hand and he shut his mouth but looked more than angry with her. Eris pursed her lips together for a moment as she focused on me, "She's here safe and sound isn't she? So I guess I kept my word." I pulled out of Victors hands and stepped towards her, "What exactly were you trying to achieve with that stunt? You do realize that my father wants to use me in his psycho plan for world domination? or were you trying to help him all along?"     

She let out a chuckle, "You think I would help that moron? Don't make me laugh. No, the things I wish to achieve have never been that shallow. If you want big things than you have to think big—something your father doesn't quite have the talent for." 

"Then why the hell did you put us through all that?" I growled, "We could have died. Is everything a game to you?" 

" Yes! That's exactly what this is princess! I'm glad you've caught up to speed." Eris crosses her arms over her chest, "The only question is have you gained a new position in this game of chess that your father has been playing with us." 

I stared at her wanting very much to unleash some of the darkness on her but the more I stared at her the more pointless that seemed. I let out a heavy sigh, "All I know is we can't just kill him like we planned—At least that's what my mother told me." 

"Woah, what? Your mother? What are you talking about Lex?" I can feel the heat of Victors gaze on the side of my face but I don't want to look at him right now because I know I'll fall apart like I want to. 

"So than she is alive still—interesting." Eris comments to herself before turning her attention away from me toward the ground. A thoughtful expression taking up residence on her face, "What did she tell you?" 

I narrowed my eyes in suspicion. She definitely was hiding something when it comes to my mother but I would have to figure that out later, "She said that if we kill my father than you'll be killing me. I'm not sure to all the details considering she was a bit—well out of it. If I understand anything from what She said to me it has something to do with when he was creating me but if we could reverse the curse that created him..."  

"Wait, she wants you to turn him back into—one of us?!" Sarafina jumps into the conversation with a tone of surprise as she looked toward Sasha. 

I turned my attention toward them, "Essentially yes—I think. If he was like you before..." 

"This is nuts! To do something like you would need..." Sarafina's voice falls off before she finishes the thought.

"A very powerful witch." Eris pick up where Sarafina left off not sounding to pleased by this information. 

"I'm surprised you didn't know that already." I mumble under my breath. Eris looked up from the ground toward me with a slight glare, "Contrary to your belief in my abilities I don't know everything but I guess we should be thankful because it appears as though we've got some leverage in the game now."

"You can't be serious Eris! We are not about to go hunting down Witches. They can't be trusted. Especially considering—you know—" Sarafina motions her hand over Eris as if something should be obvious to everyone, "Your specific condition."  

"What condition is that?" I question with curiosity. Victor moves closer to me, grabbing a hold of my hand. I turn my gaze to him but he's looking down at where our hands are joined together. I follow his attention and watch as he pulls up the sleeve on his jacket drawing my attention to the mark that looks burned into his skin. I don't know how I hadn't noticed it before. I reach out with my free hand and brush my fingers across it lightly. 

"She's some kind of demon—" Victor says in a tight voice, "A demon that I'm trapped into serving..." 

"So that's what you've been going on about this whole time?" I whisper as I look up from his hand to meet his gaze. He nods his head but doesn't say anything else. Suddenly all his pushing me away over the past couple of weeks makes that much more sense to me. 

"I'm not a complete fool. I thought you would have figured that out by now Sarafina. After all these years together..." Eris scolded Sarafina  before looking away from us towards the trees near by, "No, I've got another plan in mind." 

"That's why you made that deal with me. You want to use my sister—" Asher's voice rings out a few seconds before he steps into view. Eris is wearing a very sly looking smile as her eyes roam over Asher, "How good of you to join us. Looks like I won't be killing you today."

Asher snarls as he prowls forward, "I'm not letting you go anywhere near my sister. You made a deal with me and that was that I help you and you free my sister. Now you want to use her?" 

"You do realize that the only way to get her free is to pull some strings but even then she has a life sentence to serve. So the only way she's getting out of that place is if she is in the custody of someone else." Eris doesn't seem concerned at all by the fact that Asher looks like he's barely holding onto his control. He points a finger at her, "You are not about to make her into one of your playthings! I won't allow that!"  

"Then I guess she'll enjoy the rest of her days inside the wall of Tartarus. Why don't you ask Sasha about how lovely it is there—I'm sure she could tell you stories that would make even the strongest of men terrified." I looked toward Sasha to see her jaw muscle tick. 

Victor gave my hand a gentle squeeze before he let go of it, "Actually there might be another way—" 

"What?" Eris and Asher spoke in unison. 

I met Victor's gaze for a minute curious about where he was going with this. He gave me a subtle wink, "Eris is right. They would never release a prisoner of that nature into public again unless they were in the custody of someone that could contain them if need be. You could always assign her to work with the enforcers—it is our duty after all to protect and serve the werewolf community. She would never be able to go anywhere without one of us but at least she would be free." I felt a smile play on my lips as I noted the irritation in Eris' expression at Victors second option. I took a step forward grabbing Victors hand again, "I vote for the latter option." 

"While I am not particularly fond of enforcers I am even less fond of you—" Asher motions to Eris with a slight nod of his head before turning his gaze to Victor, "I will accept your offer of help enforcer." Victor nods his head. 

"Wonderful..." Eris says through clenched teeth, "Well than I suppose we need to get in touch with your friends. I have a feeling they might not be as pleased by your offering them up as babysitters." 

 "Definitely not..." Sasha laughs. Victor turns to her with a look of annoyance but she only smiles wider, "I can't wait to see Mikhail's face—this is sure to be entertaining."