No Answers and More Questions

Here I was back in the room that I had been in nearly a week ago and I can’t say that I’m in any better a position I was in then only perhaps I had a couple more protectors that I didn’t ask for. I sigh heavily letting my shoulders slump a little. Eris is looking around at our small group not looking very happy. I feel her eyes fall on me and then Luca to which I hear her breath hitch a bit. 

I look to Luca again with curious eyes, “Seriously, who the hell are you?” I whisper to him. He only gives a tight lipped smile. Eris starts moving towards us, “To what do I owe the pleasure of your company this evening?” She is looking directly at Luca and even though she’s smiling I can sense the anxiety in her. Luca seems rather relaxed as he stands next to me, “Don’t worry I only came here to keep an eye on this one—“ He reaches out and wraps an arm lazily around my shoulders. 

Eris watches the movement with suspicion and Victor lets out another growl from behind me. I roll my eyes and then remove Luca’s arm from around my shoulder’s giving him a look that says he better keep his hands to himself or else. He only smiles sheepishly at me. 

“What a relief that must be for some—“ Eris comments before giving Sasha a quick glance. This is one of those annoying times when you know everyone around you is having a secret conversation that you know nothing about. It’s incredibly annoying. “And less of a relief for others—“ She says looking to Victor and then me. 

“I am curious as to what you are doing here? if I remember correctly I had someone take you home.” She asks me with a dry tone. I glared at her, “I didn’t come him by choice if that’s what you’re wondering.” I say to her. Her eyes look towards Sasha, “Of course not…” She looked back to me with a small amount of amusement, “Hasn’t anyone ever told you to never trust a Fey?” 

“You know I must have missed that day in my supernatural 101 class.” I say sarcastically, “But thank you for the information. I’ll have to remember it for next time.” Her amusement disappeared quickly. I felt a wave of satisfaction rush through me. 

“I hope you at least know how incredibly stupid it was for you to leave Mikhail and the others. What would have happened if you had been attacked by the vampires? You do remember that there are people out there looking for you, right?” Eris snapped at me and I noticed that their were tiny wisps of what looks like black mist moving around her. I had never seen anything like that before and I assumed it had something to do with whatever she was.

“So what I should just hide away forever?” I threw back at her feeling extremely suffocated by everyone’s need to keep me protected or locked up. 

“YES!” Said multiple voices in unison. Eris let out an exasperated sigh, “Look, we are trying to handle the situation so that you don’t have to remain hidden for the rest of your life but running around on your own isn’t going to help any of us.” I felt like I was being scolded by my mother and it made me feel annoyed and guilty. 

“You mean you’re going to kill him?” I questioned. 

Eris looked at me dead in the eyes and seemed to be examining me, “Is that a problem?” Her question surprised me. I could hear the accusation in her voice. I let my eyes move around the room to see that everyone was looking at me and waiting for my answer. I didn’t think I cared but a part of me wanted to understand the man that had helped to create me. I mean even if he was the worst man alive some part of him was in me and I needed to understand that.