"...I admire him."

"I'm pretty sure most of the kids here in this place do."

"I want to ask you... What kind of person he is?"

Kiyotaka has been teaching Shoya during his time here in the white room when he's a child, and yet he still doesn't know a single thing about him. Their relationship until now has been nothing more than a mentor and a student.

Yet he couldn't help but wanting to know more about Kiyotaka, and Matsuo holds the answer he's been wanting to hear.

However, before answering Shoya's question, Matsuo lets out a smile and starts the timer.

"Unfortunately, that's something you should ask him yourself. I'm in no position tell you anything."

Even as someone close to Kiyotaka from the very beginning, there's still limited knowledge that he holds about him, like what's his favourite food, or what preference in music he likes. Things like that, but Matsuo knew those aren't what he wants to hear from him.

Shoya decided not to ask any further questions. And having the white as his pieces, he makes the first move and starts the match.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Right outside the room, Kiyotaka stood behind the door, listening closely to their conversation with him being the main topic. He sighed in relief for Matsuo not to tell a single bit of information about him to Shoya.

A part of him wants his pupil to know him without any secondary party involved. He left the place and proceeded towards the empty corridor, walking on the red carpet leading to another room.

On the right side of the hallway, there's a glass that separates the inside of the facility from the outside. Kiyotaka glanced at the kids playing on the grass with smiles on their faces, enjoying every single moment along with their friends. Seconds later, he moved onto the destined room where he was being called.

Reaching the place, he knocked twice on the door before grabbing onto the knob and opened it. Inside, his father sat on his comfortable sofa while sipping on his drink. The two made eye contact and proceeded to stare at each other in silence, not uttering a single word.

"How about you take a seat? This might take us a while."

Kiyotaka did what he was told and sat in front of his father. This man is not someone who'd waste his time on any useless chat, and so is Kiyotaka. So the reason he was summoned to his office could be an urgent matter.

"So, what do you need me for?"

Wanting to leave as fast as possible, Kiyotaka urged his father to speak and get to the point. Atsuomi placed his cup on the table and sat his arm on the armrest before resting his chin on top of it.

"Me and the staff decided to pause the White Room's operation."

"Why is that?"

"To do some minor changes and research. That includes adding new curriculums as well as new staff to be in charge of handling the facility."

"And how long would that take?"

"The exact details aren't clear, though it might take years. It depends."