3. The Usual

Min Café.

It's a big wonder for Janggeu how the café isn't that well known. Or maybe she's just that lucky that everytime she went there, there weren't much people. Either way, Janggeu thinks that the place deserves a lot of recognition.

The place is warm and cozy. It gives a homey kind of vibe. It's the perfect balance between being at home and at the same time, that outgoing kind of feeling. Maybe it's why she is more productive in this place.

Her house is too homey. She'd rather lie down, relax and not think of a thing in her own home.

Being outside on the other hand is too overwhelming. She'd do all things that she can do while outside. It makes her productive, alright. But she'd do all things except for her work.

This certain place however, is in between. A balance of both. The best of both worlds. Additional points for their amazing blueberry cheesecake that they decided to keep in the menu.

"Can I have-"

"A blueberry cheesecake and a matcha latte?"

"Oh-"

"Sorry. Were you going to order something else?"

"No. You're right. That is... actually my order. How'd you know?" Janggeu was perplexed. How does he know? It's not like she goes there really frequently, right? Right?

Okay, never mind. She does.

"That's what you always order. I was afraid we'd run out of stock of blueberries and matcha." Yeonju chuckled making the girl blush. It's that noticeable? Well, she does go here every weekend and after every class for that matter.

"You can go to your preferred table and I'll bring it to you." The man uttered leaving Janggeu, again, quite baffled. Didn't they serve the food at the next counter where you wait for it?

"No, thank you. It's okay! I can wait for it. I don't want to inconvenience anybody." The girl replied politely.

"No, really! I insist! My shift's ending anyways." It went like that, arguing over how the food will be served, making Janggeu sigh when she realized that Yeonju wasn't backing up any sooner.

It felt weird for Janggeu that her visit in the Min Café had turned quite differently from her previous ones. She had a habit of making everything the same so as to not confuse her already fully loaded brain. It felt weird sitting at the table without her food. It felt weird not waiting by the other counter. It felt weird that somebody have gone out of their way to let her sit and deliver her food to her while everybody else waited by the other counter. It felt weird that other people aren't weirded out by it.

Shouldn't they be angry or something that other customers are given a special treatment unlike them?

"Here's your order!" The stubborn man named Yeonju enthusiastically said, serving her order of Blueberry cheesecake, Matcha latte...

And Cookies?

"Uh... I didn't order those?" To say Janggeu is confused was an understatement. She was beyond wordless of whatever this man's intention was.

"Oh. They're on the house. I've noticed that you have been very frequent here lately... Consider that as a gift I guess? As a thank you for liking Min Café. I'm Yeonju by the way." Janggeu slowly blinked trying to comprehend the situation. What is happening?

"Uh... Right. Yeonju. I've noticed." She said glancing at where the name tag used to be. He must have removed it as he did said earlier that his shift was ending. Yeonju only scratched his nape, chuckling awkwardly. This wasn't how he imagined this encounter would turn out to be.