21 : if its end of her, its end of me

Start from the beginning

I keep dialling her number, again and again and fucking again.

But she doesn't pick up and the restlessness within me grows tenfolds.

I don't give a damn that it's 2:30 in the morning. I need to see her. I need to know that she's all okay, safe and unharmed. Otherwise, I'll die. I'll fucking die.

I dash out of the penthouse, not bothering to grab an overcoat as the frigid breeze slams into me like icy daggers.

My heart is racing, and I drive like a madman, pushing the limits of speed, my hands gripping the steering wheel very tightly.

The nightmare still lingers in my mind, hauntingly vivid and real.

The nightmare made something crystal clear to me.

when the fire engulfed her completely, I wanted to die then and there. I wanted to follow Ayezah. I didn't had any desire to live anymore.

and that's when I realised that, If it's end of her, then it's end of me.

Ayezah has become my everything. Literally. without her, there is no me.

If anything were to happen to her, I'm killed automatically.

The ache in my heart and the mere thought of losing her make me realize the depth of my feelings.

I'm in love with her. I have always been.

But at this point, It's not just love; it's something far beyond that.

It's so strong, so powerful that it has consumed every fiber of my being.

It's become the very air I breathe.

The more I realize I can't live without her, the tighter it becomes for me to breathe.

The mere thought of the nightmare becoming a reality suffocates me. I pressed the accelerator harder, my knuckles gripping the steering wheel so tightly that it turned as white as paper.

My heart thumped wildly, like a maniac out of control and my breaths came in ragged gasps.

I attempted to focus on my breathing, desperately trying to calm down. I lightly tapped my chest, hoping to alleviate the burning pain, but to no avail.

Nothing seemed to work. Absolutely nothing.

All the way to Laila's apartment, I persistently keep dialing Ayezah's number, only to met with frustration of her switched off phone.

Laila! She'll pick up, I should call her yeah.

With a mix of hope and anxiety, I dial her number, my finger hovering over the screen.

But to my dismay, she doesn't pick up. I keep trying.

my heart pounding in my chest, matching the rhythm of the ringing tones. Finally, after a few missed calls, she answers.

"Laila, is Ayezah okay? Is she right beside you, sleeping peacefully?" I blurt out, the words tumbling out of my mouth in a rush. My breathing is heavy, filling the silent car with its presence, and I'm certain Laila can hear the desperation in my voice.

"Rahil jij?" she responds, her voice groggy and slow, as if she just woke up from sleep.

"Tell me, please." I plead, unable to contain my restlessness.

"But what happened?" Her voice is laced with confusion and concern.

"Just tell me if Ayezah is fine!"

"Okay, calm down first, Rahil jij!" I exhale heavily.

"I'm at Adam's place, and Ayezah is at my place. I can assure you that she is fine—"