Chapter 2-10: A Nightmare on Kilmotor Hill

A/N: Here comes a big reveal! I know it hasn’t really had any hints toward it, but I’ve been wanting this to happen so much. If you know me on Discord or on Tumblr, you know that I’ve been waiting for the moment I could write this chapter and reveal this. I hope you enjoy it!

I’m at my second sleepover with my brothers, Webby, Violet, and Lena, and my brothers are throwing darts at Webby’s conspiracy board, gaining points for hitting rivals and losing points for hitting allies.

Huey hits Magica’s picture, exclaiming, “Twenty points!”

Dewey hits Lena’s picture, exclaiming, “Yeah! I mean, whoops. I’m sorry, Lena.”

Lena shrugs it off, saying, “Oh, it’s fine.”

Louie says, “Minus five points because Lena’s a good guy now.”

My brothers and I cheer, “Yeah! Woohoo!”

Webby exclaims, “Minus a million because she’s the best guy now!”

Lena smiles, saying, “Thanks for helping me set this up.”

Webby says, “Of course! We’ve got everything needed for a sleepover; sleeping bags, board games, snacks-”

Violet adds, “Self-defense weapons, all manner of booby trap-”

Webby finishes, “And a bodyguard at the door. Nothing weird is going to happen at this slumber party.”

I add, “Even though I kinda like magic stuff, it’d be nice to have a normal hangout without anyone swearing vengeance.”

Lena says while revealing a cake of her hugging all of us, “Yup, just a totally normal friend-aversary celebration! Webby, we met one year ago today. I think. Time loses all meaning in the infinite night of the Shadow Realm.” She then sings, “Oh, happy friend-aversary, If I didn’t have you it’d be worse for me. I’m made of shadows, you’re made of flesh, whoever thought that we would mesh.”

Webby tearfully says, “You are a wordsmith.”

We all clap for her, and Lena yawns, shaking her head.

Webby says, “Aw, you can’t be tired yet!”

Lena says, “Sorry, I just stayed up all night… making friendship bracelets!”

She nervously laughs, and hands out color-coded bracelets for each of us. Huey has one with shades of red, Louie with green, me with cyan, Dewey with blue, Violet with purple, and Webby gets one that matches almost exactly with Lena’s bracelet. I ship it.

I say, “Thanks, Lena! I love it!”

Louie asks suspiciously, “Is this a prank or something? Why are you being so nice?”

Lena slurs a bit from being so tired, saying, “Pfft. Can’t I do something nice for my friends? Not everything I say is sarcastic and mean.”

Huey says, “You literally sound like that now.”

Lena exclaims, candles igniting explosively behind her, “That’s just my voice! I can’t help it!”

Violet says in her usual monotone voice, “I’ve found it’s clearer to convey no emotion whatsoever.”

I say, “Lena, what’s wrong? You can tell me. I promise I won’t judge.”

Lena says, “Listen, I’m new to this whole good guy thing, and I just want to get it right.”

Webby blows out the candle on the cake, saying, “Lena, you’re the living shadow of Magica DeSpell, Scrooge’s greatest enemy, and you still turned out good! That makes you extra super good, right?”