Chapter 2-5: Friendship Hates Magic

A few days ago, Webby told me about her friend Lena, who was the embodied shadow of that evil lady, Magica, but Lena was good and sacrificed herself to save Webby and my brothers, ending up vanished in the Shadow Rhelm

A few days ago, Webby told me about her friend Lena, who was the embodied shadow of that evil lady, Magica, but Lena was good and sacrificed herself to save Webby and my brothers, ending up vanished in the Shadow Rhelm. At least, I'm pretty sure that's what she said.

She rambled a lot and spoke very quickly when she told me about Lena. She decided to take me with her to a library today to check out a new book, and show me around. I've never been to a library, but it seems to be a place filled with all kinds of books.

It'd be nice to read something other than the Junior Woodchuck Guidebook for once. We hop off the bus, and I swear I see eyes in Webby's shadow for a split second before we head inside the library.

Webby waves at an adult in a guard uniform as we pass him, saying, "Morning Ralph. It's me, Webby! This is my friend, Clover. She's from the Moon!"

He rolls his eyes like he didn't believe her, and we continue. She swipes a card into a slot twice, first backwards, then forwards, and she continues into the Supernatural section as I go to the Realistic Fiction section. After a while of wandering around, I pick out a few books and find my way over to a librarian.

She looks dead inside as she scans the books, then asks, "Do you have a library card?"

I say, "Uh, no. This is my first time in a library. I'm here with my friend Webby."

The librarian rolls her eyes at the name, saying, "Ugh, I know her. Just go. I'll put them on her card."

I smile, grabbing my books.

I say, "Thank you! Have a good day!"

She shushes me as I walk away, and I wait just outside the Supernatural section.

After a moment, Webby comes barrelling toward me, exclaiming, "I have a new friend who speaks Old Norse, and she's coming to the mansion tonight for a sleepover!"

I say, "Woah, calm down, Webby. What's a sleepover, and what's Old Norse?"

She responds, "Oh yeah, I forget you don't know a lot of this stuff. A sleepover is where a friend spends the night at your house and you hang out all night, and Old Norse is a nearly dead language. Ooh, this is gonna be your first sleepover, Clover! Let's go tell my Granny!"

She grabs my arm and starts running toward the library's exit doors, excitedly waving goodbye to Ralph. As soon as we get back to the mansion, Webby finally lets go of my arm. She has a strong grip! She bursts into the kitchen to talk to Mrs. Beakley, and I go upstairs to set my books down on my nightstand.

Uncle Scrooge gave me my own room next to my brothers' when he found out I was just sleeping on a mattress on the floor in their room. A whole room just to myself! He even let me paint the walls green! My favorite color! Mom's face lit up when she saw my cool new room. She's even started buying me some green clothes to match.