I Don't Want This

"Welp, I'm off to bed. Goodnight you two!" Victor said to Vallory and me.

"Goodnight! See you in the morning." I replied as he entered our tent.

Vallory leaned on my shoulder trying to fight the sleepiness. I threw another log on the fire and warmed my hands, "So, Val. Thank you for that little talk earlier. You really helped me out a lot!"

"Hm?" She smacked her tired lips together, "Oh, no problem. I just thought you needed it. It helped me a lot out here too. I think about it every night!" She wrapped her arms around my shoulder.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, go ahead!"

"Are you jealous of Victor?"

She paused for a moment, "Jealous? Why would I be jealous?"

"It just seems like you are... Isn't that why you took me away from him so early and started cuddling with me in the middle of the night?"

She let out a disappointed sigh, "Maybe just a little bit... but there's nothing wrong with that!"

"Of course not! I just wish you would've told me instead of trying to separate us."

"I'm sorry, I just missed you so much and I didn't want him hogging all of the attention, ya know?"

"I get it." I giggled, "I think something similar happened between me and you, just the other way around."

"Oh yeah! I remember. You didn't want me to have any other friends 'cause you were so scared of me leaving you!"

"Yes, just as I remembered. I was just scared of losing you because you really were my only friend at school. Everyone else was so mean to me."

"Not 'everyone'. But, that's just how you saw it cause you only focused on the bad and you rarely focused on the good."

"Oh yeah! That's something you always said to me in my brain while you were gone."

"That makes sense~ I told you that so many times but you never learn!" She chuckled. She yawned and stretched, "I guess I should be getting to bed too. Are you gonna cuddle your boyfriend or are ya gonna make me come in there and push you two together?"

"Fine, just no looking for too long, okay?"
"Of course not. Not that you'd be able to tell anyway!"

"You're a mega jerk, you know that?" I joked.

"Yes, I really am. Anyway, have a good sleep and have sweet dreams." She gave me a kiss on the cheek and a squeeze around the arm before standing up and returning to her tent.

After staring comfortably at the fire for a few extra minutes, I decided to go to sleep. I poked my head inside the tent and saw Victor sleeping so cutely, "How can I resist?" I thought to myself as I watched him all snuggled up in his little corner, "Awe, what the heck!" I gently sat myself next to him trying not to make too much noise, "It's much warmer here anyway!" I thought while my eyes slowly grew heavier.

In the morning, I woke up entangled with Victor. I tried to escape but he was too strong. As I struggled, I heard giggles from behind me.

"You really did it!" Vallory tried to suppress her chuckles, "You didn't have to! I thought you knew I was joking! You two look so cute!"

"Okay, okay. The show's over, can you give us a second?" I said in a grumpy morning voice.

"Yes, I was just coming to wake you guys up. We gotta pack up and move today!"

Vallory zipped the door back up and I heard her footsteps slowly fade away.

"So what changed your mind?" I heard Victor's voice rumble through my body.