The Goblin Village and Dwarf Kingdom

February 19th ????:

Massive lumps of cracked stone and rock were scattered across the cold surface of an enormous cavern. Dead monsters of countless variety were spread on the ground, covered in deep lacerations and gashes.

Seated on the top of a humongous boulder in the cave Veldora Tempest had been sealed into, Ryomen Tempest Sukuna positioned his knuckles beneath his chin and watched his new companion fight.

For the last thirty days, Sukuna and Rimuru Tempest had explored the cave that had once housed the fearsome storm dragon. Different monsters had approached them, keen on ending their second lives.

Since he was a member of the Demonic-Humans species, Sukuna released an unnatural sensation—a sensation monsters feared. On Sukuna's command, Kamutoke had deactivated this strange ability.

After procuring himself a sound-based skills from consuming a number of bats, Rimuru had gained the capability of speaking aloud. Sukuna leaned his head back, listening to the battle beneath him.

A voracious scream of pure hunger graced Sukuna's ears from behind him. Four crimson eyes of endless boredom blinked, looked at the Armorsaurus who had its maws wide open, and ignored the creature.

Accessing his Unique-Skill: Laceration, Sukuna turned his head towards the Armorsaurus, flicked two of his fingers downwards, embedded a Dismantle into its head, and then killed the monster.

Once he had realized Rimuru's battle against a horde of monsters had finished, Sukuna hopped off of the massive boulder he was sat on and landed next to the slime. Sukuna was impressed by Rimuru's power.

The Unique-Skill: Predator that Rimuru had let him devour and analyze whatever creature he had consumed, gaining its skills in return. Dismantle was launched into a wall in the cave to create an opening.

At the moment, Sukuna and Rimuru's goal was to find the entrance to the cavern their sworn friend had been trapped in to make their debut to the realm they had reincarnated into. Sukuna stepped into the wall.

Having hopped onto Sukuna's shoulder to relax himself, Rimuru gasped in awe at the numerous magic ores and herbs in the area. Sukuna jumped across a cliff of sorts, landing on another ledge.

"This place is insane!" Rimuru complained to his friend. "We've been here for weeks and keep getting ambushed by all these monsters!"

Applying cursed magicules to the soles of his feet, Sukuna walked onto the water. "You have to admit, this is good training for us."

Huffing in annoyance, Rimuru responded. "Good training my ass! I swear, you're some type of battle-obsessed maniac or something!"

Unimpressed and amused, Sukuna said. "At least I ain't a slime whose damn hobby is sampling monsters and taking their skills."

Rimuru pointed the left side of his body at the reincarnated child. "I'll have you know my Unique-Skill: Predator is better than your slashes!"

"Or." Rimuru trailed off, wiggling his imaginary eye-brows. "Are you just jealous of how overpowered all of my skills are? I would be too."

Touching his feet down on a third ledge, Sukuna snorted. "I'm sure half, if not all, of your intelligence comes from Great-Sage, you idiot."

"Hey!" Rimuru yelled in response, indignant and offended. "I'm plenty smart, intelligent, and incredible! Even without Great-Sage's help."

"Besides." Rimuru somehow grinned at the crimson-eyed boy. "Didn't you tell Veldora and me that you also have a weird voice in your head?"